UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Spider-man boxed set

MINI_MYTE

My local CBS got their stuff in today despite the holiday Monday we had. Here are some detailed pics of the Spider-man boxed set, enjoy!

PACK FRONT

th_frontpack.jpg

PACK BACK

th_backpack.jpg

PACK RIGHT SIDE

th_rightpack.jpg

PACK LEFT SIDE

th_leftpack.jpg

TORMENT SPIDER-MAN

th_torment1.jpg

th_torment2.jpg

MELEE SYMBOITE SPIDER-MAN

th_symboite1.jpg

th_symbiote2.jpg

POWERHOUSE VENOM

th_venom1.jpg

th_venom2.jpg

POWERHOUSE SANDMAN

th_sandy1.jpg

th_sandy2.jpg

HYDRO MAN

th_hydro1.jpg

th_hydro2.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I had no idea that Sandman was partially transparent. I take it he comes with both heads, and that there is no variant to look for. They could have done a better job matching up the skin tones on the Symbiote Spiderman, but oh well.

Thanks for the preview mini myte! I am personally more excited about this than DC wave 4.

Is that human-head Sandman a mask with the transparent head Sandman underneath like the JJJ/Chameleon figure?

Also, that black Spidey looks different enough to me from the old chase one. It has abs and a bigger spider butt. It's just my wishful thinking that they will release a new full suit black Spidey instead of the old chase one.

I think DST still wanted to make the black costume really distinct, even if the eyes and everything are different. But then Torment Spidey shows they aren't against revisiting older mates.

But at least while it is heavy with parts reuse (SFII fireballs, JJJ Mask, Visorless Cyclops hair) it's inventive and effective instead of somewhat dodgy of the main line wave such as the original Sandman mate.

Urgh!.... Characters we already have but remade in a so-so fashion... If I hadn't already put in an order an wasn't a completest this pack would be a big miss for me... there's nothing here that floats my boat :(

A semi translucent sandman... how is that appropriate?

T.

Thanks for the pics. I like the venom and torment spider-man the best. I'll definitely get this set.

I don't get why Sandman is translucent. :blink: He looks like syrup or Honey-Man. He could be used as a Wasp custom.

What color is Sandman's torso underneath the powerchest?

Thanks for the pics. I like the venom and torment spider-man the best. I'll definitely get this set.

I don't get why Sandman is translucent. :blink: He looks like syrup or Honey-Man. He could be used as a Wasp custom.

What color is Sandman's torso underneath the powerchest?

His torso block is green like his shirt.

Wow, Thanks for the pic MM. :)

Love that spidey but think that'll surprise anyone. Finally we get a big chest Venom, so hoping the do big chest Hulk in the mystery Dr. Strange box set. Don't mind the transluscent Sandman, but it looks odd. Finally a new villain in Hydroman.

Can't say I'm not surprised by the lack of excitement because of the rehash of characters. At least it's cheaper than a BSG 5-pack.

Just a note to you canadians out there. This 5 pack cost me $24.99 (cdn) at my local CBS ( before taxes & my discount). Thank the Lord I get a 20% discount from them. Anywho, this is around what it's going to cost. It all depends on the mark up you store makes on it. Let me know what you guys end up paying.

Just a note to you canadians out there. This 5 pack cost me $24.99 (cdn) at my local CBS. Thank the Lord I get a 20% discount from them. Anywho, this is around what it's going to cost. It all depends on the mark up you store makes on it. Let me know what you guys end up paying.

considering that most 2 packs here are 7.99-9.99+ paying 24.99 for 5 is about right....but yea I get a good discount on mine too :)

Jeff of the Minis

Yeah. I've got a set coming to me next week, but in all honesty it was all about Hydroman(a new character). With all that said, I'm not that impressed (especially considering that nearly all of these characters have been previously produced and not to mention that they nearly mirror the "SM3 Movie" line). Sure, I'm buying, but these Marvel waves are(and have always been) half-ass and ill-conceived (yeah, I said it...what?!). DST, get your proverbial sh!t together (if you need a fu@:&*%g map, check DCD's line). A "Sinister Six" set or something more relevent or "new" would service you and your fans better! I'm sick-as-Hell of pandoring for mediocre crap from a "maverick" company(ies). Business is always a gamble as it is...you might as well take a chance on something that fans might truly want (rather than this statistically "safe" sh!t). Sorry for the rant, but I've honestly about had it with Marvel Minimates(with the exceptions of the way over-due Avengers wave and supposed "Defenders" exclusive). My advice: "read the damn threads and suggestions", Christ, they've practically done the difficult-part for you. Minimates have yet to reach "mass-appeal" because of poor advertising, timing, X-factors; but you do have a loyal base of customers(as few as we may be) who support the products (usually with multiple purchases), so why not appeal to these "sure-fire" customers and count on the undecided to follow-suit rather than the reverse. I sincerely doubt (despite what pie-charts might illustrate), that the majority of Minimate fans want the same characters reinvented, regergitated, and reproduced time-and-time again (If I'm wrong, then perhaps I'm in the wrong forum/era). Sorry Chuckles, but if this is the extent of your creative-drive and vision, then perhaps you've chosen the wrong occupation. Again, I apologize for the brutal-honesty, but it is uncontestably-sincere.

other then DC all the other minimate products ship late over to the UK (we'll see if rocky, 24, and star trek can come out them same week as our brothers across the pond) so after seeing these amazing pics i've order a set that should be here next week :) (but don't worry LCS i'll get another set from you for customs) :thumbsup:

Just a note to you canadians out there. This 5 pack cost me $24.99 (cdn) at my local CBS. Thank the Lord I get a 20% discount from them. Anywho, this is around what it's going to cost. It all depends on the mark up you store makes on it. Let me know what you guys end up paying.

I got mine for $21.95 (before tax) with no discount.

Yeah. I've got a set coming to me next week, but in all honesty it was all about Hydroman(a new character). With all that said, I'm not that impressed (especially considering that nearly all of these characters have been previously produced and not to mention that they nearly mirror the "SM3 Movie" line). Sure, I'm buying, but these Marvel waves are(and have always been) half-ass and ill-conceived (yeah, I said it...what?!). DST, get your proverbial sh!t together (if you need a fu@:&*%g map, check DCD's line). A "Sinister Six" set or something more relevent or "new" would service you and your fans better! I'm sick-as-Hell of pandoring for mediocre crap from a "maverick" company(ies). Business is always a gamble as it is...you might as well take a chance on something that fans might truly want (rather than this statistically "safe" sh!t). Sorry for the rant, but I've honestly about had it with Marvel Minimates(with the exceptions of the way over-due Avengers wave and supposed "Defenders" exclusive). My advice: "read the damn threads and suggestions", Christ, they've practically done the difficult-part for you. Minimates have yet to reach "mass-appeal" because of poor advertising, timing, X-factors; but you do have a loyal base of customers(as few as we may be) who support the products (usually with multiple purchases), so why not appeal to these "sure-fire" customers and count on the undecided to follow-suit rather than the reverse. I sincerely doubt (despite what pie-charts might illustrate), that the majority of Minimate fans want the same characters reinvented, regergitated, and reproduced time-and-time again (If I'm wrong, then perhaps I'm in the wrong forum/era). Sorry Chuckles, but if this is the extent of your creative-drive and vision, then perhaps you've chosen the wrong occupation. Again, I apologize for the brutal-honesty, but it is uncontestably-sincere.

Yeah, what he said!

I think people are missing the point, this is effectively just an uprated TRU 4-Pack, it was never intended to a box of entirely new mates, just away to get maximum use of stuff requested by Target, especially if Target have chosen to pull the pin and pass on their wave...

I can see why many were surprised that these came out before the Target wave, but I'm not.

95% of the time specialty market gets mates before mass market. (Nothing different here)

AXM/NA TRU 4-packs box sets came out first before the Target Wave (Nothing different here)

AXM/NA Specialty Waves also came out before the Target Wave (Nothing different here)

I got classic spidey set @ my LCS for $19.99. They had a pretty decent stock of them. I absolutely love them esp. since I'm new to the minimate world I missed the old venom and sandman...so I love them!

Just got the Spider Man boxset 22.99 (I think I may have gotten a discount but I'm not sure) and wave 4 Dcd (really cool) Haven't opened them so I appreciate the pics they look pretty cool except for Sandman and his translucent parts. The legs I could deal with because it sort of looks like he's just begining to turn to sand but the sand blasts look pretty hokey. Powerhouse Venom and melee attack Spider Man make up for Sandy, also Hydro Man isn't to shabby either.

What's the chance of ever picking up the Torment Spiderman, Powerhouse Venom and Melee Symbiote Spiderman without having to shell out for Sandman and Hydroman too?

Will they ever be released in 2-packs?

:blink: