UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Great Comic News in JLA!

The Vox

I know some of you are reading Justice League of America.. so I just have to throw a woot to the Lightning Saga and how it ended in JLA #10! I've been hoping to see this for over a year and it was still a surprise.

SPOILER

SORRY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HIDE SPOILERS ON THIS BOARD.. SO STOP READING NOW:

The heroes from the future used their tech to pull Wally West and his family out of the speed force/riding the lightning.. and as soon as he was back Hal hit him up to join the League. Now this is officially my favorite incarnation of the League since the concept was first put forth all those years ago in Brave and Bold.

I've just started reading JLA, only on Issue 1 *sigh*, and I have yet to know why the Lightning Saga is such a big deal....you have to read both JLA and JSA to see all the saga, right? Good to know West is back in our time, I'm seriously loving this incarnation, if only they had Roy as Arsenal it would be perfect.

HOLY SHIT! WALLY WEST IS BACK!!! he is my favorite speedster and my favortite character of all times!!!! so im guessing the Flash comics will now be about Wally and not Bart Allen???

I never really accepted Bart as THE Flash so I was very glad to see it come back to Wally. And to have Hal speak first to Wally about joining the JLA made it complete. Strangely.. it was still sad to see Bart go. I'm a sentimental idiot at times. It's been a while since DC has had a story involving characters I'm interested in with tie-in stories of other books i like. Meaning Countdown, Flash, GL, JLA, JSA, are all heading in a direction I like right now.

SO, what do you say DC? Welcome Wally back with a modern representation Minimate style!! Of course you could pair him with Cap Boomerang or Mirror Master or Zoom or Cap Cold or Trickster or Grod or The Vox or anyone from his rogues gallery. Thanks and goodnight.

GAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I avoided reading this til I had read the finale but now I don't know what to say!

I was going to ask some silly question like: how old is Wally now (And I agree Wally is my fav. flash) but now I get hit over the head with Bart's death!?!?!?

He may not have been the best Flash (as a matter of fact I dropped the book because he was boring) but he'll forever be one of my favorite characters from his Impulse days.

This hurts.

What happened?

They were in the timestrem. Time passes differently there. When Bart escaped the timestream during the Crisis he aged 2 yeatrs. That's why I was asking how old Wally is now. If his girls are like 12 that would make him like 38?

In an interview with Wizard (I think) Mark Waid explained that Wally was a little bit older, but the kids' growth was because of their speed powers - they're aging more rapidly than normal people. The boy is 10 and the girl is 12.

Flash IS ending with #13, then it reboots with #1 w/ Wally.

Bart is the only Speedster as powerful as Barry Allen (the original Flash). Evcen though the whole family has powers to some extent people like Wally missed out on Phasing through walls and such. Bart is from the future and when he was born scientists stole him to experiment on him. They sped up his aging process and raised him in a "video game" (Which is why he was sddicted to video games for so long). When he escaped he escaped back through time to our time where he became Wally's sidekick for a short while "Impulse." Wally couldn't handle him though so he passed him onto Max Mercury, another time traveling speedster (from the past) who raised Bart. Impulse are some of my favorite comics EVER and I thouroughly suggest people pick them up. Life was rough on Bart as he grew older and he had to become more responsible (Kid Flash) and finally when all of his friends died/sucked into timestream he became a crappy Flash.

It's imptotant to not judge him by his "Flashiness" though, since he WAS a great character.

It's hard to tell, but I think they wanted to make Bart a failure as the Flash. It seemed like some of the major writers never really liked the character, and this was there way to get rid of him.

Similar to how Johns killed Chronos so he wouldn't have to deal with another time traveler in his Booster Gold stories.

It feels like they got rid of Bart so that Wally would be the most powerful Flash.

I think you're actually onto something there Danial.

I'm not sure it was because they didn't LIKE Bart, but still accurate. If you read last weeks write-up in the back about 4 funerals & a wedding it sounds like they really needed a Flash to die. And since they couldn't kill Wally they had to put someone else in the role temporarily.

Crazy as it may seem to some bart haters, I actually enjoyed the new flash series and it kinda sucks that they had to kill the character. I wonder which titan is next to go now it seems like they are picking off the younger heroes

Crazy as it may seem to some bart haters, I actually enjoyed the new flash series and it kinda sucks that they had to kill the character. I wonder which titan is next to go now it seems like they are picking off the younger heroes

Yeah, and how many of Robin's friends and family can they take out before they go after him? It'll be interesting when the future Titans pop up in the next arc.