UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates

rickyroma

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree totally, TM2! I think that 2" is perfect(why change it), 2.5" is pushing it(IMO) and 3" completly sucks(once again, IMO)!

I personally hope that they are only 2". I won't buy the 3". I hate those things. They aren't "Mini" at all. The 2" ones turly capture the greatness of the line. :D

More than likely they'll be the same size as the LOTR figures which is 2.5" not 3". And you sound like a man that doesn't own any 3" minimates. I just bought a whole shwack of 'em from Shanester and I love 'em! I can't believe Trek and CTHD didn't make it to at least the 2nd wave.

And as I said before I love that they are using a larger minimate for larger characters. I wish it was in DST's license to do this Marvel but alas...

I personally hope that they are only 2". I won't buy the 3". I hate those things. They aren't "Mini" at all. The 2" ones turly capture the greatness of the line. :D

More than likely they'll be the same size as the LOTR figures which is 2.5" not 3". And you sound like a man that doesn't own any 3" minimates. I just bought a whole shwack of 'em from Shanester and I love 'em! I can't believe Trek and CTHD didn't make it to at least the 2nd wave.

And as I said before I love that they are using a larger minimate for larger characters. I wish it was in DST's license to do this Marvel but alas...

I have one. he's neat, but he's just too honkin huge! The first time I picked up a 2", I fell in love. My favorite characters, right there in a cut wittle wubbable bundle! :wub:

Now there's where I disagree. It may just be because I'm used to it, but I love the fact that my Woverine is as big as my Juggernaut or my Bruce Banner is the same size as my Hulk. I don't know what it is about them all in the same scale, but to me it just screams "FUN!" B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how bout some ideas for variants?

although i wasn't to thrilled about variants, but hey i still think they're cool here are some ideas

my wave 1 variant would be either parallax or hal jordan in civilian clothes.

my wave 2 variant would be the classic brainiac.

my wave 3 variant would be wonder woman in the ceremonial armor.

if you have other suggestions the go for it.

peace out...

Though they won't fit as nicely with the Marvel, the change to including larger minis is BRILLIANT!!

Don't you have larger ones? They're far more durable and higher quality plastic. (Especially the OLD ones like Star Trek... Which I happen to have up for grabs :rolleyes: )

Don't dis it til you try it! :P

Marvel is boxed because Marvel demanded it.

I'd imagine they'll be blistered where possible as its much better

Really? Do you know why Marvel demanded it? It seems an odd choice. Although I like the boxes a lot, it's good to be able to see the figures, particularly on a wave where the paint-job is less than superb...

Woo hoo

From Casefresh.com - Diamond informed us today that DC Minimates have been licensed for

Australian release so we will have all 3 waves up for pre-order soon.

I'm interested to see the 3 waves :)

So I can get these locally and if my order tips $80 I dont pay for postage !!

Thanks casefresh.

What's with the Batman and Harley Quin head pieces. Don't tell me DCD is going to cheap out and make solid piece head covers (a la J.Jonah Jameson) instead of cowls that fit nicely over actual face painted head pieces. Hope those were only prototypes. Fingers crossed.

I agree - there should be cowls over painted heads. Harley looks odd anyway - like her face is squished. Maybe if they lost the chinstrap on her headwear, and had it come straight down on the sides. It would give her face more room, I think.

Robin looks wonderful though. Love his pixie-like footwear.

a little review :D

Batman: little questionable on the mask covering the entire face, but does allow for a hairpiece to be included and different regular face expression. rest of detail, cape, belt and everything is perfect

OMAC: looks like the headpice is molded like that (ala Leader), no helmet or anything, which is good. funky waist but cool design, makes me hope they'll do a translucent one

Croc: awesome detail, 2.5", notice the claw hands, good job

Superman: good, like the logo and detail of the torso

Battle Damaged Superman: red eyes, pissed off look, perfect

Brainiac 13: incredible sculpt!! great detail, one of the best looking minimates ever

Battle Suit Lex: great job once again

Hal Jordan: same hairpiece as Sups, but still a good figure, great looking accessory

Star Sapphire looks good. I'm trying to figure out the colar-piece, is that part of the torso or attached to her hair?

Joker: awesome detail, awesome accessories (gun, cane), now we have a hat!!! great figure

Harley Quinn: first off, that hammer is the bomb!! I'm going to want a few of those. as for the figure, I'm guessing her headpiece is molded too? just looks awkward :( the boots and the rest of the figure look great

Robin: captured the look of the character perfectly, great job

PowerGirl: looks like the cape/torso are together (ala Martian Manhunter), would have preferred a separate cape, but still looks good

Dr Fate: looks good, hope we get a hair piece with this one too for helmetless version

Green Arrow: thank you DC for the multiple arrows, mega bonus!! great figure, everything perfect; awesome torso piece with the flaired shoulders will make for good customs

Aquaman: once again a grand slam, looks great

Ocean Master: 2.5", great looking helmet, good figure

John Stewart: wow!! that came out of nowhere, looks like the animated version too ;) great job DC!! Soo need this one!

Overall this line looks incredible, can't wait until they are released!!!

Some of you may remember me from posting over on the Art Asylum boards. I found this one the other day and am back, it seems, to get news.

But after seeing how great the DC minimates look... I have two major feelings.

1- It's a shame that the Marvel line is sucking it up so much right now.

2- The DC line looks so fantastic, I think I'm back in the game.

-M

Woo hoo

From Casefresh.com - Diamond informed us today that DC Minimates have been licensed for

Australian release so we will have all 3 waves up for pre-order soon.

I'm interested to see the 3 waves :)

So I can get these locally and if my order tips $80 I dont pay for postage !!

Thanks casefresh.

that's true or you may get em cheaper by going to supanova this oct, its australia's major comic-con. its the next best thing to SDCC without leavin the australia.

*mutters darkly about how Supanova Sydney is probably overflowing with Minimates all kinds compared with a pathetically tiny volume at Supanova Brisbane no I'm not bitter thank you very much*

Cyc (whose not bitter)