UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Any News on a Wave 7?

The Vox

Hey gang, just popping in to check if anyone has any word on something new past wave 6? Every wave so far has at least a few characters that I am really excited about.. but there are still a few characters that I really hope to see before DC finishes their mini line..

So.. do we know if Waves 1, 2 and 3 have been successful? Are the sales matching expectations? Are there plans in the works for Wave 7? Thanks to any and all that can throw in any info they have. :)

Vox

p.s.

It just won't feel complete without:

Alan Scott

Sinestro

Barry/Wally Flash

a Rogue from Flash's Rogue's gallery

Kyle Rayner

The Atom

...honestly, if some of the above made it in that would cover all my favs from the DCU.. of course there are dozens of others that would be fun.. but as with you all.. we have ones that are dearer than others.

If Marvel can make it to Wave 18 with over a year in between waves I think it's almost a given that we'll see wave 7 for DC and beyond. I imagine more info regarding further waves will be released closer to SDCC and I'm sure there'll be plenty of prototypes there as well.

I'm quite sure that this line will be around for quite some time. Despite all of the pit-falls of the Marvel line (questionable character choices, delays in production, quality control, etc.), it still endures (and is actually picking-up steam). Patience, with DCD's near-flawless releases and successful support, we'll all have our favorites eventually(and probably more!). For me personally that includes a full Batman Rogue's Gallery and at least one major adversary for each JL member. But I understand where you're coming from though; we all got kind'a spoiled by the bombardment of MM info. a few months ago and are hungry for more! C'mon SDCC!!

The newest issue of ToyFare quoted a store owner as saying DC Waves 1 through 3 have sold like crazy. I have no doubts we will see more DC waves through 2008. I think many held their breathe out of fear of the $9.99 price tag, but this hasn't seemed to even made a bump on their success.

DST has really invested in Minimates as a flagship brand for their company. They clearly want Minimates to succeed at the collector market level, and DC Minimates clearly support that overall objective.

I may be flogged for saying this, but I think next year's DC Minimates (Waves 7+) could be pushed up to the $11.99 per 2 pack price point. Meaning, I think DC Direct could raise the suggested retail rate up if they wanted to without hurting sales.

I love this board! Thanks for all the answers guys. I'm glad to hear that things are going well. In my family alone we have 10 people collecting (including nephews and nieces) and we have been pretty supportive of the local distributors but it's nice to hear how things are elsewhere.

Is it a given that SDCC will have DC Mini news? I've never been to a convention of any kind before but it's looking like I'll be attending SDCC next month and I'm pretty excited. I would love to see some DC action while there!! I can only imagine how fun it must of been last year to walk up and recite a bit of Green Lantern's Oath and walk away with John Stewart. The Marvel Zombie news is cool and all.. but here's to hoping DC has an ace up their sleeve as well!!!

VOX

Things are going too well I think. By this I mean when my LCS gets in a wave it sells out that day! In fact when they reorder that wave it is also sell out that day. it is only after the 3rd of 4th time ordering that the waves stay around for a little while. so yes I think there will be 7th wave. I am sure they are just giving some time between waves I mean we already know the next 4 waves to come, how much more notice do you need.

I may be flogged for saying this, but I think next year's DC Minimates (Waves 7+) could be pushed up to the $11.99 per 2 pack price point. Meaning, I think DC Direct could raise the suggested retail rate up if they wanted to without hurting sales.

Hush you! :stick: Sorry - no flogging smiley avaliable. :D

The newest issue of ToyFare quoted a store owner as saying DC Waves 1 through 3 have sold like crazy.

They have. As well, if not better than, the Marvel waves. DC 'mates are a big hit in our store. QC has been a little spotty, but they seem to have gotten it under control.

And yeah, The Vox. We need A. Scott and someone like Mirror Master, Captain Cold or Professor Zoom. Any of those 3 and I'd be very, very happy. :)

Xy