UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

maxcarnage

It's great, one of the best of last year, especially to the Comic fan. I would say it's the best on 360, because Co-op Play over Live is awesome. Plus, with the new character download packs, you get greats like Vemon, Magneto, Hawkeye, and Hulk. This game rules.

As for comparing, the game is bacially a Next-Gen offering of X-Men Legends. 4 player teams, Combination power moves, upgrade powers, unlock costumes, dungeon crawl. It's all good, it's basically just X-Men Legends on steriods....and that's legal in the game world ;).

However, there is really no comparrison the Ultimate Spider-Man. I don't want to start another discussion on your own thread, but I consider USM to be the best Comic Book Based Game of all time. But, these are apples and oranges. USM is a singleplayer, free-roam action-adventer where MUA is a 4 player, Co-op, action dungeon crawler. Both are great, but both are extremely different! neo

It is possibly oneof the best comic games of all time. It was better (and easier) than XML and is on par with XML2. I liked ULT Spider Man better, but this game is amazing. Also, you get to beat up Crimson Dynamo. YAY!

What's it like on the PC?

I've been told its similar to Diablo, any thoughts?

Jo

Sorry never played Diablo. But its pretty frickin awsome on PsP and on Ps2!!!! i suggest getting it before if becomes a greatest hit on Playstation, because then its worthless if u want to sell it later.

My MUA team: :cap::daredevil::spidey::wolvie:

Thank you very much. You were all very helpful, I was a little unsure from this review: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/741/741698p1.html. So I decided to seek out like minded people. I rented Ult. Spiderman and loved it. But it was not one of the choices at the store. I will start playing it… someday.

8.1 - - - That's a pretty dang good score for IGN. What I've learned about review sites/mags is that you need to find your score comparred to theirs. Once you figure out the difference most of the reviews are consistant you can figure out if you'd like it or not.

For instance, I know when IGN reviews a game that gets between a 7.1 and 8.9 that I will probably really, really like it. When they score a game between 9.1 and 9.9 then it probably includes lots of cussing, blood, or sex, all of which I find extremely appauling and refuse to play. So, 8.1 is right in my sweet spot :). neo

Oh boy.

I'm not sure if I should type in this thread or not.

After all, I'm pretty sure Neo doesn't want to hear what I have to say. :P

I would have rated it a 7.5 personally. My ratings are similar to EGM in that under 8 is a GOOD game and above 8 is a GREAT game.

I would say with all the flaws like character design and REPETETIVE gameplay this is as good as a game can be without being memorable.

Unfortunatley Trekker is right. This IS the best comic book game ever made (we mean based on a comic, rihgt?)... But what have we got to compare it to? Superman for N64? Ouch. :(