UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Go Hunting at SDCC

So we'll see you at the Con then? :)

T.

:)

A week ago, I would have said 'probably not.' But since the hunt announcement I've already started pricing hotels and seeing which ones are close to the trolley stations. It's still 50-50 whether I'm going or not. The draw of The Only Two Smeggin' Minimates I Don't Have is quite strong.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

T.

A week ago, I would have said 'probably not.' But since the hunt announcement I've already started pricing hotels and seeing which ones are close to the trolley stations. It's still 50-50 whether I'm going or not. The draw of The Only Two Smeggin' Minimates I Don't Have is quite strong.

You're not the only person that the hunt is making reconsider their plans....

Damn you all!

T.

You're not the only person that the hunt is making reconsider their plans....

Damn you all!

I am with you on that one bro...I am looking at any possible way to go

Jeff of the Minis

I dont think any of you should enter... giving me a better chance of winning :D

Seriously though if you're going to be here JL you should enter at least to get the mini.

If my team doesn't win then it will be an ugly fight to see who gets the 'Huntmate' :S

T.

If my team doesn't win then it will be an ugly fight to see who gets the 'Huntmate' :S

T.

We better all get one or I'm gonna do things to it to make sure you guys don't want to get near it! :P

T.

We better all get one or I'm gonna do things to it to make sure you guys don't want to get near it! :P

The way the rules sound no one gets to keep the "huntmate"...its part of the kit which gets turned back in at the end as stated on the rules page

Each team will check into the DST Booth (#2607) no earlier than Thursday, July 26 at 3:00. At that time they will receive the "Hunt" kit which includes: the exclusive Hunt Minimate, a t-shirt, rules and a list of photos and tasks needed for the Scavenger Hunt. Each photo taken or completed task will be worth an assigned point value, with winners being selected on 4 different scales. The entire kit is handed back to the DST booth on Saturday July, 28th by 5:00pm for judging. Be creative, have fun and win!

not to cast doom and gloom I just read that and thought I would share so there wouldnt be the chance of a nasty surprise at the show

Jeff of the Minis

The way the rules sound no one gets to keep the "huntmate"...its part of the kit which gets turned back in at the end as stated on the rules page

Each team will check into the DST Booth (#2607) no earlier than Thursday, July 26 at 3:00. At that time they will receive the "Hunt" kit which includes: the exclusive Hunt Minimate, a t-shirt, rules and a list of photos and tasks needed for the Scavenger Hunt. Each photo taken or completed task will be worth an assigned point value, with winners being selected on 4 different scales. The entire kit is handed back to the DST booth on Saturday July, 28th by 5:00pm for judging. Be creative, have fun and win!

not to cast doom and gloom I just read that and thought I would share so there wouldnt be the chance of a nasty surprise at the show

Jeff of the Minis

And how many people do you really think are going to hand back in a potentially rare and hard to find minimate?

I'd put that at about zero...

T.

And how many people do you really think are going to hand back in a potentially rare and hard to find minimate?

T.

I'd also like to take this time to point out to Shanester, TBT, and Nervous:

"No lewd or obscene photographs will be accepted and any contestants submitting such photographs will be immediately disqualified."

I think I need to repeat that for TBT:

"No lewd or obscene photographs will be accepted and any contestants submitting such photographs will be immediately disqualified."

:P

I'd also like to take this time to point out to Shanester, TBT, and Nervous:

I think I need to repeat that for TBT:

:P

OH... :blink::ermm:

Erm So Shane/Nervous did you guys come up with a plan "B" ? :huh:

Cos I'm all out of ideas now! :timbo:

T.

• 2 weeks later...

Shamelessly lifted from the E-Spectrum No. 47 Newsletter:

For those of you who have already registered, we’d recommend starting on one of the key challenges… designing an original Minimate costume for the SDCC Masquerade ball. We may even give a prize to the winner of just this category!

So, does anyone have a Minimate costume in the works yet? I could probably modify my Mulder PALz costume from last year's SDCC. :)

I'm having trouble coming up with a team name. I've come up with a few good candidates, but I'm fearful of Scavenger Hunt Item #42: Provide a photographic representation of your team name. It's unlikely Team UFIA will get past the anti-lewdness provision. :) I'll probably just end up being Team Minimate In A Shoe.

• 2 weeks later...
The entire kit is handed back to the DST booth on Saturday July, 28th by 5:00pm for judging. Be creative, have fun and win!

Jeff of the Minis

T.

Well it looks like you have to hand it in to be judged. No huntmate = less chance of winning. You could always schmooze the judges and ask for the huntmate afterwards. BTW TBT you a Spurs fan?

• 2 weeks later...

From Superhero Times:

"Today they have announced a way for fans to get a head start on the competition by creating a shoe-box-sized living room diorama for your Minimates and turn it in with your team’s other submission for a huge 20 points bonus!"

Click here to see the announcement.

This just in as part of the latest E-Spectrum from DST...

"The final list of objectives will be handed out to all registrants, consisting of both Photographic and Creative Challenges. While we assure you the actual list will remain under lock and key until the Hunt kicks off, we CAN reveal another top-secret objective! For a huge 15 point bonus, simply create a Minimate-style poster for any movie beginning with the letter S and turn it in with your other chllenges during the show!"

It seems DST is stealing our ideas ;) time to look at our other back issue of contests to get a drop on the hunt ;):D

T.

p.s. anyone who has time to design a poster for team "Coy Totems and Idols" might havea much better chance of getting any exclusive of freebie minimates that we pick up there...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks in case you're Wondering what happened with the hunt... There's Good news and Bad news.....

Bad news is we didn't win the 'big one' so the silver and gold end up with someone who's not a member.... YET.

I talked to the girl who won on Thurs and she said she'd might be signing up at some point...

The good news is guys from the multiverse scooped wins in two catagories.... WELL DONE GUYS...

A HUGE thanks to DST for running this contest and making it a lot of fun...

More details & photo's to follow, I need to run to the airport now and make sure Nervous & Eagle get their flight home :)

T.