UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Go Hunting at SDCC

Hey Ivan,

Let me know if you hear from DST... I've not heard a peep from them since the announcement at the show, I'm not stressing but it seems odd that they would go quiet after making a big fuss about the thing in advance.

T.

Keep in mind, WW Chicago is this weekend. They're probably gearing up for the show and just haven't had time to get to anything else.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep in mind, WW Chicago is this weekend. They're probably gearing up for the show and just haven't had time to get to anything else.

Grin that amused me too.. I went to the DST site and they had the feature on Six being there to sign on Sat the 14th August (the 14th is a Wednesday!) - I think they looked at Septembers dates when they updated the website... Remember DST post sober B)

I know they are probably swamped with WWC so as I said it's no biggie, but with the page dissappearing I didn't know what the rules were for contacting us... I vaguely remember reading something about after 10 days and it was invalid or something... I assume that's after they contact me.

T.

Grin that amused me too.. I went to the DST site and they had the feature on Six being there to sign on Sat the 14th August (the 14th is a Wednesday!) - I think they looked at Septembers dates when they updated the website... Remember DST post sober B)

That's exactly what I had in mind when I posted my comment! :D

So how come no one has come out and said what they've won yet? Is it just because they don't know it is it something dasterdly like you had to sign NDAs?

Grin... yeah that's it slapping NDA's on winners for a promotional contest seem totally logical :P:blink:

It's more like we were only looking towards the shiny Gold & Silver minimates... and the one place the rest of the prizes were documented disappeared.

Update: I had an email From Matt@DST today letting me know what the prizes were ( more or less, I'm still intrigued by the mysterious 'bag of promo mates') and that they were going to ship the prizes out soon.

I'll post pix of the haul when it turns up...

T.

Just in case not everyone subscribes to diamond's e-spectrum newsletter... (but why on earth wouldn't you?) The winning team was called Mini Chibi's. Don't know if he/she/they are members or even lurkers of the verse but if they are reading this congratulations and very well done. There'll be an article about it on the radicals site (not a member? Why not?) and also pics and stuff on DST's Myspace page.

Just in case not everyone subscribes to diamond's e-spectrum newsletter... (but why on earth wouldn't you?) The winning team was called Mini Chibi's. Don't know if he/she/they are members or even lurkers of the verse but if they are reading this congratulations and very well done. There'll be an article about it on the radicals site (not a member? Why not?) and also pics and stuff on DST's Myspace page.

Mini Chibi's isnt a member, but I talked to her at the show & despite what Eagle thought I was just being neighourly :) Heck I even went against team orders and helped her take a couple of her pix at the DST booth.

We talked a bit about life the universe and minimates and she said she'd consider joining up, so you never know she might be lurking...

If you're out there say hi and dont be shy... we don't hold you whippin our asses at the hunt against you... (much ;) )

T.

We talked to the young lady that was Team Mini Chibi. She is not/was not a MMMV member, but said she'd stop in.

There's also a comment in the newsletter that I think people will be interested in.

All the teams that participated should look out in the mail for something from DST as a thanks!

I wonder if participant means "registered for a kit," "picked up their kit," or "turned in their kit." :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! It's Team mini chibi. I'm finally on the boards and wanted to say hello.

My roommate, Bryan said he wanted to have fun this year at the con and not do quite so much work. big mistake?

I found out about the hunt and thought, "What a better way to get back into collecting and have some fun. This sounded way better than sitting on my butt in hall H all day.

B came home and found me giggling to myself at the computer. He was all, what have you done? I said I signed us up for the Hunt! (I clearly have a very understanding roommate :D )

We ended up running absolutely ragged in the heat, ugh! but had a great time. I actually had no idea they had posted some of the things early. All I knew was that I should bring art supplies. So I packed paste, markers, scissors, paper etc. We managed to complete all of the challenges included the extra credit TV spot minus I think 2 or 3 smaller ones.

We ended up having to be quite resourceful as you'll see.

PS Just wanted to chime in that we also had our mini battling the storm troopers. Ours like a good little padawan had a blue lightsaber with a silver handle.

Okay...I've never tried to add photos before and can't figure it out. Help. Tx.

Cool. I had no idea that pic would show up.

How do I get the photo in the post like I've see you do?

post-1756-1187647875_thumb.jpg

post-1756-1187648363_thumb.jpg

post-1756-1187648533_thumb.jpg

post-1756-1187648585_thumb.jpg

post-1756-1187648613_thumb.jpg

post-1756-1187648719_thumb.jpg

post-1756-1187648842_thumb.jpg

post-1756-1187649021_thumb.jpg

Huzzah, my prize pack has finally arrived. I actually received a UPS InfoNotice for it last Friday, but there was no way I could get it until today. It made for a rough weekend. :D

My prize pack included: an iPod Shuffle (my first venture into the land of Apple audio players), a Promo Minimate Pack (surprisingly no blanks), Wizard and ToyFare subscriptions (to come in the mail later) and a $100 credit at the DST online store (hmmm, wonder what I'll spend that on?)

Here's what was in my box (minus the bubble wrap and letter):

PrizePackSm.jpg

Nothing extraordinarily rare like a prototype or a test shot, but it's nice to have a Santa Spider-Man I can open. :) And I'll get to see what all this iPod hullabaloo is all about.

A big thanks to Matt, Mike, Esti, Jaycen, Chuck, Donna, and everyone else at DST that put this together. It was fun.

Huzzah, my prize pack has finally arrived. I actually received a UPS InfoNotice for it last Friday, but there was no way I could get it until today. :D

Our prize packs showed up last week and I completely forgot to post them :|

Our pack was basically the same as Ivans but with a CAMERA instead of an IPOD.

The cool part is that DST shipped a set of goodies to each member of the team so everyone got a full set of stuff.

Likewise I'd like to thank both DST and my team for making the hunt a lot of fun an something I look forward to doing next year if they have one...

T.

Those are some cool prizes!

Glad you guys got your prize packs. Ours just came this week as well. I'll try to post some photos this weekend. Matt rocks!

So, I got to wondering, in the midst of our own MMMV contest: how did you guys go about submitting your pictures? I imagine you running a con with a digital camera full of pics, many of you away from home and an internet connection.

Did they have card readers at the DST booth? An upload kiosk? Did you have to print them at Kinkos and submit hard copy? How did that work?

So, I got to wondering, in the midst of our own MMMV contest: how did you guys go about submitting your pictures? I imagine you running a con with a digital camera full of pics, many of you away from home and an internet connection.

Did they have card readers at the DST booth? An upload kiosk? Did you have to print them at Kinkos and submit hard copy? How did that work?

DST wanted actual prints so we printed them off, DST gave everyone a voucher to use at a local printing place. I did mine at home though.

T.