UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Marvel Characters

Hey everyone. First post! Tell me what you think! Hopefully AA might make some of these one day:

Dr. Strange w/ Wand of Watoomb & Dormammu

StrangeDormammucopy.jpg

Man-Thing w/ Nexus Staff & Werewolf By Night

ManthingWerewolfcopy.jpg

Black Panther & Storm (Wedding Day)

PantherStormcopy.jpg

The Vision & Ultron

VisionUltroncopy.jpg

Patriot w/ Shield and Hulkling

PatriotHulklingcopy.jpg

Very nice, great ideas for 2 packs... I was actually looking at one of those designs for the Villains contest.

BTW you know we've seen artwork for Dr Strange and he's going to be released in what we beleive is a defenders 4 pack soon.

T.

Awesome work, I'm always envious of the folks that have either have the computer skill or technical talent or sometimes both :D Definately keep up the hard work, it's definately paying off.

I dunno if you can submit designs or not, but here are three villains:

Dormammu:

Dormammucopy.jpg

Ultron:

Ultroncopy.jpg

Immortus:

Immortuscopy.jpg

(Oh, I didn't even notice I was one the second page, didn't read the rules... disregard :P )

Note: Moved from the Villain-Mates Contest Thread.

Photoshop, nothing 3D about it at all :P

First I trace the outlines of a basic no accessory minimate, scan it into the computer and enlarge it. Once the outline is big enough to fill an 8 by 11 piece of paper I print it out at half opacity. Then I draw stuff onto the paper... gloves, hats, skirts, designs if need be like pecks or abs, whatever. I scan that back into the computer and go over my pencils with digital pencil tool, then color them in. The very first one I did took a while cause I was still creating the formula, now I can crank em out at a pretty steady pace. Of course I also scan stuff from existing Minimates and piece it together... for example, the werewolf by night one I know consists of X-Men 3 Beast's chest fur design, Super-Skrull's face (with a canine nose added by me) and Nightcrawler's Hair.

Mmm? I don't know what Batman's mask looks like in minimate form since I haven't bought any non-Marvel minimates thus far (yes, I'm a brand loyalty whore, lol). In reality, the mask should be removable, but I guess I was lazy for that one... as for how that particular minimate would work, I figure the head is something molded for the specific shape of the ears and all that, like the The Leader head which was extra tall.