UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Magnetic Minimates

satanlives

I don't know how many of you have already discovered this, but Minimates with C3 feet (the feet with holes in the bottom) can easily be turned into magnetic Minimates. Simply put one perfect-sized magnet in each foot hole, and presto you have magnetic Minimates. The exact magnet size you need is 3/16" diameter x 1/8" height (or use two 1/16" height magnets and stack them). They will fit in the feet snug, but crazy glue will really keep them in place. I've done this for many of my Mini's that stick or fly, such as Superman or Spider-man, but it's great for all Minis as it increases the poseability. It allows you to stick Minis all over the place.

I discovered this last year when I realized the magnets in my 6" Magnetic Spider-man figure were the exact same size as the holes in the bottom of my Minimates' feet. I ordered my magnets for dirt cheap in bulk off of eBay, but they can be found elsewhere if you search around.

Where did you get the magnets you use? What is the brand specifically?

I purchased my magnets here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NdFeB-Magnet-3-16-diam...VQQcmdZViewItem

These are 3/16" x 1/16". Just stack them 2-up in each Mini foot and they work great. One magnet per foot will work fine too.

Im guessing you could use some sort of non-permanent adhesive to keep them in place like that blue Sticky tack or somesuch.

You don't actually need glue to hold the magnets in place. They fit so perfectly, so snug, that they usually stay in the feet on their own, only occasionally coming out when sticking and unsticking them places. For the Minis I know I'll always want to keep magnetic, I'll use crazy glue to keep them in place permanently, but it's not necessary.