UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rules Change: COPPA

COPPA is now enabled on this board.

As of this point forwards, members under the age of 13 will need parental consent in order to join the community.

There are reasons for this change, most noticably to keep the law off my back :P

See, now when saying "barely legal" in regards to a law where the key age is 13, doesn't that come across as a little....odd? I mean a barely legal 13 year old would be 12, right? You guys sure like 'em young. :P

On a more serious note, would this change apply to the already registered youngsters running around on the boards or only on new members from beyond this point? Doesn't affect me either way at the ripe old age of 25, but I'm sure there are those that are curious.

On a more serious note, would this change apply to the already registered youngsters running around on the boards or only on new members from beyond this point? Doesn't affect me either way at the ripe old age of 25, but I'm sure there are those that are curious.

As of this point forwards, members under the age of 13 will need parental consent in order to join the community.

OK to triple clarify.

ANYONE THAT WAS A MEMBER PRIOR TO COPPA ACTIVATION NEED NOT WORRY.

Dont worry, you're not alone today.

Its national bug me day :P

Why did nobody tell me this?

I've only got four hours left now.

I planned ahead and mailed him a parcel of pissed off wasps. :P

Dont worry, you're not alone today.

Its national bug me day :P

Really? Mental note to self: Lie about forum problems to piss off Ady.

... Hey Ady, the forum shows up green!

Damn, missed it.

That's what I get for not checking the board for a day, I miss my official chance to annoy the owner.

Oh well, I've got it marked in my diary for next year now.

Jo

P.S. - if it's National Bug Ady Day, do you still ban non-brits for bugging you?