UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DVD Discussion

neolego

When The Batman first appeared, I did not like it at all. However, some of the more recent episodes with the Justice League guest stars have at least been watchable, in my opinion (I actually really liked the Superman 2 parter, even though they completely ripped off the idea of Poison Ivy controlling Supes from Jim Lee's run on Batman a couple of years ago). Its still not even in the same league as Timm's Animated Series, obviously, but from what I've seen, the new episodes could be worse.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Gotham Knight will be the next DC animated film to be released after "A New Frontier." There is supposed to be a trailer of it on the "New Frontier" disc. I don't believe that a release date has been set yet. From what I understand, it will be a series of short anime-inspired toons, similar in some ways to the animated Matrix DVD that came out a few years ago (in that different segments will be in different styles, and will tell different kinds of stories). It is supposed to take place in the Nolan-Batmanverse of the films, in between the first and second movies. I believe that Bruce Timm is involved (he is listed on imdb as the director), but there really hasn't been much info released on this, I don't think. All that I know comes from aintitcoolnews.

I've not heard anything about this. Is it Timm/Dini Batman or that crappy The Batman?

Neither. It's supposed to be after Batman Begins and before Dark Knight and in continuity with those. It will introduce new villains and bridge the gap between Begins and Dark Knight

and CRIPPLER, I don't know about release.

That actually sounds quite cool. Thanks for taking the time guys.