UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rate The Mates!!!

MINI_MYTE

Well, it's time to "Rate The Mates" once again. This time up is DC minimates series 3. Let the makers and distributors know what you think of their products. Rave or rant, it's up to you. Just remember to finish with a rating from 1 to 10.

This thread is also intended for people who have these mates in hand. So if you want to rate 'em, but don't got'em here's a LINK to check 'em out.

AQUAMAN: Man, does this guy bring back memories of the Superfriends TV show. Love the nostalgia this guy evokes. Love the hairpiece and trident. Love the way they incorporated his leg fins with the modified foot pieces. I just wish they had painted his neck "flesh color" instead of leaving it orange. 8 / 10

ARES: Man, these 2.5 inchers are realy growing on me. I wish DST would get their act together and try to find a way to get the liecense for 2.5" Marvel guys. Love the attention to detail on the old god of war. Love the armor and weapons. My only quibble is that there is no face. Just a black head with red eyes. That's it! Would have liked to see his blond headed human face. 7.5 / 10

Battle Damaged BATMAN:Other than a new paint deco, it's the same as the first DCD batman MM. There are new faces to both the cowl and Bruce Wayne head. Other than that, it's still the same. They didn't even give him a new weapon, just the same old batcuffs. 7 / 10

DEATHSTROKE: Without a doubt the best figure of the series and maybe the line... Hell he may even be the best minimate of the year! Ol' Slade here comes loaded with accessories and detail. He's got brand new sculpted flared boot, a new semi-chest piece including a bandolier of bullets and little place to hold his sword. Speaking of which, he come with a brand new sword, a staff (C3 Robin's), pistol and assault rifle (Assault Punisher's). DS also sports a removable mask as well as a newly sculpted hairpiece to wear. The Slade Wilson face is spot on! 10 / 10

GREEN ARROW: Ollie Queen is the second best figure in this series. As with Deathstroke, he's loaded with accessories and detail. Cool looking chest piece, it has a sculpted quiver of arrows on the back. His bow includes a little notch that you can clip one of three arrows into. Included are a boxing glove arrow, a corkscrew arrow and a handcuff arrow. Very sharp indeed! Only flaw with this mate is the hat / hairpiece. You'll notice that below the rear hairline, they included flaps of skin. One word... UGLY! 9 / 10

KILLER CROC: Plain and simple, but you got to love simplicity. Amazing paint detail on this guy. Gives the MM the feel of reptile skin. Brand new clawed hands as well as a torn jeans waist piece. Looking at him make you want to customize a Hulk figure out of him. man I want more of these 2.5 inch guys! They rock! 10/ 10

OCEAN MASTER: I'm not to familiar with this character so I can't be the greatest critic. He's got lots of detail and brand new sculpted MM parts (which is always a good thing). Cool villanous smirk under his fish helmet. 9 / 10

WONDER WOMAN: How long have we waited to get her? It seems like forever! Well she here and she's fabulous! Graet attention to detail. Love how her tiara and earrings are sculpted to her hairpiece. She come with a wound up lasso, but theres no place to hang it. Would have been nice if she'd come with a separate belt to clip it (tlhe lasso) to. 9 /10

Aqua Man:Over all he is a pretty decent figure. Nothing really stands out, but its not terrible either. i like the hair sculpt, and i like the fins on the back of his feet. another great feature about this figure is that the gloves are made so that he can hold his trident (which is also another great feature) 7 out of 10

Ocean Master:This is a pretty cool figure. Although i am not familiar with the character, i can tell that is a cool figure. All the added on peices are new sculpts (helmet, cape, bracelets, and belt). His head underneath is pretty cool, and he has a trident that is different than aquamans. 8 out of 10

Wonder Woman:This is an awesome figure. The hair is a nes sculpt, and she also features some cool bracelets. She has a lot of detail painted on her. The only draw back is the lasso. The lasso should of been a bendable plastic so she can actually use it to lasso someone. 8 out of 10

Ares:There is nothing that i do not like about this figure. He has so much detail, that it would be impossible to fit him in a 2 inch body. His weapons are awesome, and so is his helmet. 10 out of 10

BD Batman:This figure is really boring. There is nothing different for the series one execpt the battle damage. The battle damage is alright, but there is nothing cool about the figure. This figure would of scored higher if he had a cool new accessory, but he still has stupid bat-cuffs. 6 out of 10

Killer Croc: One word: Awesome. Like Ares, there is way too much detail for a two inch body. He has two new sculpts, his belt and hands, besides that he is just a 2.5 painted body. Even though, he still is a superb figure 10 out of 10

Green Arrow: Two things keep this figure from scoring high. First of all he comes with three arrows. None of which are regular. The second thing is that he has gross flaps of skin on his hair peice (like minimyte said) Besides that he is a cool figure. 8 out of 10

Deathstroke: This is one of the best figures. He has a slew of accessories, and is awesome in detail. Only one thing keeps this figure from a 10. The ammo clip peice has a chest part attached to it. For some reason it doesnt look right. Besides that he is an amazing figure 9.5 out of 10

• 4 months later...

Aquaman- This figures quite cool, its based on the 70's superfriends version as opposed to the hook armed bearded one but hes still a good solid figure, he comes with a trident overall a decent figure 9/10

Ocean Master- Another good figure though i dont really know the character but the mate is cool, he has an unusual helmet design and a cape which is quite nice, he also comes with a trident. 8/10

BD Batman- A variant like BD superman, this batman shows a lot of detail of tears and rips in his suit and cape, whats also nice is that when the cowl is removed bruce's face also shows scars and stuff from a fight. 8/10

Killer Croc- A 2.5 inch mate which is good as he towers over batman like in the comics. The detail is good showing lots of scales on his head and chest. This is a well done minimate. 8/10

Wonder Woman- Arguably the most famous DC heroine, Wonder Woman is a very good minimate, the facial expression reminds me alot of the JLU character. She also comes with her silver braclets and her golden lasso, though the lasso is rolled up and not really useful, but shes still an important minimate to have 8/10

Ares- Another 2.5 inch minimate like Croc, Ares is an imposing figurehe has very unique armour, gauntlets and helmet along with his red eyes make him a very evil looking figure, he comes with an axe and sword both of which are well done 9/10

Deathstroke-Definetly the best figure in the wave, he comes with 4 weapons - a rifle, pistol, staff and sword along with a removable helmet and extra hairpiece. The armour is really good and so is a helmet. Deathstroke is a great minimate to add to a collection. 10/10

Green Arrow- The second best figure in the wave. GA comes with his bow and 3 trick arrows. This is a very good figure, the only downside is that there isnt a replacement hairpiece as the one he comes with has his hat attached but its a minor nitpick 9/10

This is a good wave of figures overall

JAG2045