UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Got my Spider-Man 3 promo Minimates today! **Pics!**

Silver Jet

Just got home and guess what was in my mail! Yep! Take a gander...

redSMfront.jpg

redSMside.jpg

redSMback.jpg

blackSMfront.jpg

blackSMside.jpg

blackSMback.jpg

package01.jpg

package02.jpg

package03.jpg

package04.jpg

package05.jpg

These are great mates, love the polished finish! Can't wait for the actual series. Well, gotta go pose them on the shelf...

Fantastic! I like how the spiders on the chest and back are more aggressive on the black suit. Another note: how many copyright dates do they need on these things?

woah they look totally different than on the site! But I still like the way they look, congrats man have fun! :thumbsup:

Did you buy these online? Where?

I bought them on eBay in a BIN on the first day of the convention for next to nothing, gotta love sniping. Hey, here's some action pics...

action1.jpg

action2.jpg

No problem you guys, glad to do it after all the first pics you've provided for me here. :)

It's sort of nice for me to be able to get some early pics of a new set up, not much chance of that ever happening again considering I live on the Canadian east coast. These got here very fast, but I also won a Starbuck convention 'mate on the first day and I'm still waiting for her, it's been like a month. All a roll of the dice...

No problem you guys, glad to do it after all the first pics you've provided for me here. :)

It's sort of nice for me to be able to get some early pics of a new set up, not much chance of that ever happening again considering I live on the Canadian east coast. These got here very fast, but I also won a Starbuck convention 'mate on the first day and I'm still waiting for her, it's been like a month. All a roll of the dice...

I hear you on the getting pics up from Canada....I am in the same boat, most stuff I get is a week or more after everyone else has it....but its all good...I love the shots man...cant wait for my sets to get here....I have a feeling the black suit is gonna end up being one of my new traveling mates that come with me pretty much everywhere :) how far east are you?

Jeff of the Minis

Man, that DST copyright across the back jumped right out on Timbo's pictures too. I'm not liking it all, a little bold, doncha think?

I hear ya Cappy. I dislike it as well, but they had to fit the CP Copyright somewhere, wish the DST one was a bit smaller/less bold.

Other than that, the mates look great! Can't wait to see them up close! Thanks for the pics.

how far east are you?

I hail from the seabound coast of fair Nova Scotia. And from what I can tell I am the only die-hard MM addict in the whole of the Maritime Provinces, having visited and/or contacted all the comic shops in these here parts. On the other hand, though, the variants are mine! All mine!

Seriously, don't touch my variants...

No problem, I was happy to do so. :)

Yeah, the eyes are different, for both figures, then those depicted on the package. On the actual figs the black outline is slightly thinner, allowing for more white, making them both seem a bit less insidious in person I think. There are other differences as well, like the chest symbols are obviously altered. I think the ones on the box are painted figs, while the actual ones are decorated with raised decals to recreate the 3-D look of the movie costumes. Of course, this is only my amateur conjecture...

Mine came in and I'm far more impressed than I thought I would be. Spider-Man variant aside, these are tight MiniMates, the detailing is superb and the feel more solid than recent offerings. Top quality 'Mates!

Mystery Man, it looks the 2-pack is still available at DST, works out to something like $13 with shipping.