UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Really pissed off

maxcarnage

So I went to my LCS for wave 2 of DC and what did I find all sold out! The guy in front of me bought them all. The store had just opened not 5 minutes before.You know I you would think you shop at one store and only buy minimates, you would think they might hold them for you. Nothing. Really pissed off. Then because I am such nice costumer I give them the money anyway and say when they get them in again (next month) to at least hold these for me. And to top it all off still NO Battlestar galactica minimate, that’s right is has been 3 weeks and nothing in this whole crap ass state.

Now some of you might ask well why not get them somewhere else. Well, this is the ONLY comic book store with in 100 mile (no really, 100 miles I would have to go to phoenix). Now normally I would go, but forget it by now they are most likely all gone. Oh yeah and I already paid for them.

What about online?

I don’t believe in buying online call me crazy but I don’t what it is. I may have to get over that though.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Sorry I really needed to vent, because NO one else really cares; family, people at work, friends. No one would understand that if I had only gotten there 5 minutes earlier I could have had them. But now I am stuck here with nothing, I had planned to post pictures this evening but no. really sorry.

It sucks that you missed them by such a narrow margin but dude, buy online. Much like Shane I probably bought the majority of my collection from the net. I know I'm not even going to see BSG mates in my local figure dealers let alone my LCS but Stuckakid... They're there man. Hang your principles up and get your bank card out mate. ;)

Sorry about your luck with the LCS Max. Did you pre-order these (with the Diamond Previews order-form) from your LCS? If so, that REALLY sucks! Don't they have a "pull-and-hold" service"? I truly loved my LCS (not so "local" as it's a 1/2 hour drive). They always pulled my items for me AND gave me a 10% discount on everything; great guys( Clint's Comics...if anyone is ever in the KC,MO. area). Sadly, due to hellish work schedule and recent marriage, I can't make it there like I used to. You may want to seriously consider ordering from on-line sites like Stuckakid^. Granted, you'd be paying for shipping but their service and communication have been top-notch (the current cost of gas has justified "shipping costs" to me lately). Give'm a try, you won't be disappointed again!

Wheras I, had the exact opposite going for me today...

The comic book store I go to for Minimates had both the X3 series and DC Series 2 in today. I was there when they unlocked the door, and I was 1st to get my hands on all of them. I got a full set of X3 mates, and the Power Girl/Dr. Fate and Robin/Penguin sets... I may get the other 2 DC sets later, but I didn't want to spend a ton of cash today for characters I don't really care much about. (I just wanted Power Girl and Penguin badly.)

There's ALSO, another comic book shop about 5 minutes from that place, so I hit it too, just to see if I could snag an extra Dark Phoenix variant, but they didn't get any X3 mates today. HOWEVER, they did have more DC Series 2 in, and they had restocks of Marvel Series 12 & DC Series 1. SO, I also got series 12, which I originally missed, including Raft Sentry, as well as a Joker & Harley set. (Again, just because I wanted Harley badly. The other three I can wait on.)

So, I plucked 2 complete Marvel sets I didn't have, as well as assorted DC's this morning. All and all a fine haul.

PS. BUT, If it makes you feel any better, my news isn't all good. Robin's leg broke off straight from pulling him out of the package, and I didn't notice 'til about 3 hours later, but Power Girl's left leg has the paint apps for her right leg, so her underwear line is going in the wrong direction. So I'll have to take them back later this week. (Which makes me sad, because they may already be sold out of replacements, so I may just have to return them and find new ones elsewhere... and I'm REALLY attached to Power Girl and Penguin already... they're so neat, I hope I don't have to give'm up...) Plus, all together I put almost $110 on my credit card which I don't really have the budget to be spending (damn my addiction) so that hurt. AND, both stores charged $12.99 for the variants, which while it's still a decent price in the long run (better than ebay anyway) pissed me off, since many other places just charge retail price. (Damned comic book stores, gouging on newly released items the day they hit the shelves.)

Still though, I did have a great day from a hunting point of view.

IF it makes you feel any better, my LCS still haven't got the DC wave 1 mates that I pre-ordered from them.

I've got a set through Winkerbean's local, but still no luck for me locally. It's prompted me to look elsewhere (and, as it turns out, it's much, much cheaper to buy from America and pay for postage than it is to buy from a shop over here).

I feel your pain though - nothing worse than being able to see what you want slip through your fingers.

Jo

Damn it, I just called my LCS and all they have is Brainiac 13 and Supes. I don't do 2.5 inchers... This sucks.

too bad about the 2.5 boycott dead, the braniac is the stand out of this wave in my humble opinion

Ok so after I finally clamed down. I called back my LCS and asked when they were going to get the re-stock that I paid for. They said they should be in next Thursday (a week from today). So a week I guess I can make it. But I did realize it is better that this crazyness happened with this series. For this series I was not too thrilled about (although checking out those pictures I have been changing my mind) especially looking at next wave. Wave 3… Wonder Women, Green Arrow, Aquaman, holy cow!! Thus this was a great lesson to learn: ALWAYS call ahead and reserve minimates, especially those DC ones.

Considering how biased my LCS is towards DC, these are actually the only minimates they carry. I secured a set of each of the first wave sets and called back asking if they'd get more in. Apparently that put me in good graces with the guys running the show, as when I went in looking for this wave, they were out of any on the shelves, but had set some aside for me in the back room without my even asking. If they keep with that kind of treatment, I'll be getting the DCD line locally, which is something I haven't been able to do since Wave 7 or 8 of the Marvel line.

Sorry Stuckakids, but you'll just have to settle for my Star Trek, Rocky, Marvel, BSG, 24, and Back to the Future money. I do hope I haven't driven you to bankruptcy. :confused:

My LCS stopped doing toys when Star Wars was huge in the late 90's. I'm sure he'd order it if I asked but then I wouldn't know what to do with the rest. Its like how many Lando's can you try to sell to people!!!!! Thats why they stopped carrying toys....its freaking Lando's fault!!!!

Good news everyone. I stop by my LCS and guess what? They had wave 2 for me!! It seems someone else had asked for it to be held aside and then said they would not be able to make it. I was speechless. I had other business to do at the store and it was really hard to concentrate. The shock still has not worn off.

(Goes to check on minimates)

Yep still there!

WHA WHO!!!!

Here's my horror story. I pre-ordered the whole wave online at cornerstorecomics.com and they arrived at the delivery location on Tuesday. Unfortunatley I haven't been able to pick them up until tonight and what do I find when I open the box? They've mixed up the order, so instead of getting a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle 2 pack I get two Superman/Brainiac 13 2 packs.

Which kinda sucks since the BG/BB figures were the ones I wanted more than the others.

So I e-mailed them and hope everything can be worked out. It's a mere annoyance right now, but how they handle this will determine if I ever order from them again.

I preordered the first three waves of DC Minimates from Discount Comic Book Service online (since they had the lowest price) and I found out earlier this week that my order was cancelled and customer service won't return my emails! So now I'm off to eBay to see if I can get the first two waves without paying an arm and a leg - I'm not too worried about wave three as I should still be able to order that through my LCS.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so here's an update.

Last monday I called cornerstorecomics and talked to some people there. They were very nice and said they'd ship me a replacement Blue Beele/Booster Gold 2-pack and I could keep the extra Superman/B13.

So a week's gone by and I've gotten no minimates, no e-mail confirmation, nothing. So I called back and talked to someone new who said that there didn't seem to be indication that anything got sent out, but it might be out on the shipping floor waiting to be shipped, but they weren't certain. I should really call back tomorrow.

Frustration growing.

I called back the next day and was informed that they had just gotten a new shipment in so my minimates would be sent out soon. And yes, I finally got them in on Saturday.

Right in time for the Wave 3 launch.

I dunno, this is my first experience with CSC, so I'll have to see how other vendors operate before I decide if its worth going back. They handled it well, except for the part where they keep me informed of what's going on. That was a worrying week, let me tell you.