UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Wave Seven - Guess the Lineup

boyd

I would LOVE a Starman/Shade pack.

Using logic to predict (bad idea really, considering I would never have guessed Sgt. Rock/Blackhawk) I would use the following assumptions:

One JSA two-pack

One Superman/Batman inspired two-pack

One JLA two-pack

One "huh?" two-pack

Also, they seem to be avoiding characters used in C3 (apart from Batman - the Robin and Batgirl we're getting are different people)

Therefore:

Green Lantern (Alan Scott)/Sand (or GA Sandman)

Red Hood/Hush

Black Canary/Black Lightning

The Cheif/Madame Rouge

Who's betting that's 0 of 4?

Jo

*edit* what I'd most like would be a Birds of Prey boxed set though - Oracle, Black Canary, Huntress and Lady Blackhawk, possibly with a Shiva thrown in.

Oh my god, I would KILL for a Red Hood/ Hush 2-pack. Seriously.

I'd also like a Captain Nazi/ The Hyena pack. Yep, i've read too much under the hood...

Patriot

I'd love to see some more Teen Titans. Let's see now...

Wally West Flash/Professor Zoom

Battle-Damaged Aquaman/Black Manta

Cyborg/Beast Boy

Black Canary/Oracle

They seem to be filling out the JLA which is why I chose Flash, and the main characters are all getting damaged versions which is why Aquaman was chosen. We need more Teen Titans! Plus Black Canary and Oracle are famous for their role in the Birds of Prey comic!

I would love a Birds of Prey or Teen Titans boxed sets. Although Seven Soldiers of Victory would just fulfil me.

After Ma Hunkle in Wave 5, and now Sgt Rock/Blackhawk in Wave 6, I feel pretty secure in saying all freakin' bets are OFF! DCD must be taking huge delight in dropping these wild character choices on an unsuspecting Minimate buying populace. Either they have a dartboard with the likes of Dr. Cyclops, Black Mass and Alpha Centurian on it, or they believe they're going to be making these for years and years, so they want to stretch this out as long as they can.

That said, here's the latest permutation of my dream list.

Alan Scott/Solomon Grundy

Raven/Dr. Light

The Flash (Wally)/Mirror Master II

Captain Cold/Trickster I

Since a 2 villains pack beyond the obviously marketable Joker/Harley pack from Wave 1 is probably a no-go, a Question/Blue Beetle (Jaime) pack is my honorable mention.

can't really tell, but a good guess would include some of these:

Martian Manhunter

Mr Freeze

Metamorpho

Etrigan / Jason Blood

Sinestro

Black Canary

Plastic Man

The Flash - Barry Allen

...and if it ever popped into their mind... LOBO!

The next wave would be there villans like Gorrilla Grod and Slade Wilson and THE BRAIN

Slade Wilson is in wave 2, dude. Deathstroke the Terminator.

Grod would awesome.

Actually, he's in wave 3.

My mistake... Green Arrow and Deathstroke; the accessories alone would put the Punisher/Blade 2pack to shame.

I Really hope we get A Question Minimate in this wave... with his awesome JLU episodes and his Un-Cool death in 52... He deserves it... and they could package him with Capt. Atom, Huntress or even Montoya... or some other 52 starring Character... It Would be nice if the powers that be see these desire/request/want lists and puts them in consideration...

ok lets play (as others more of a wishlist than what I'm expecting) feel free to pick any 4 packs ;)

Alan Scott/Soloman Grundy (JSA pack)

Black Canary/Amazo (JLA pack)

Kyle Rayner GL/Parallax (GL pack)

Azrael/Huntress (Batman pack)

Doomsday/Parasite (Supes pack)

Black Adam/Question (52 pack)

Huntress/Oracle (BoP pack)

I'm not even going to try to touch the obscure pack for now, go look at the DC boards and see who they are complaining about not being made and it'll likely be one of those :)

T.

Kyle Rayner/Paralax is a really cool idea. I've actually been a little surprised at all the love the GL's are getting.. and I like it.

I think Alan Scott/Grundy idea is a very strong possibility. DCD has done that as a collectible mini two pack before so it makes sense.

Here is who I really still want to see:

Kyle Rayner (2nd costume and/or first Ion costume.. actually... all costumes!!!)

Alan Scott

The Atom

Atom Smasher

Black Canary

Flash (Barry Allen)

Prof. Zoom

Sinestro

Ganthet

and seriously after that.. with all that they have announced already, it covers all characters that I have had any interest in over the years. Of course I will take whatever they keep sending but the above are the ones I am holding out for. Keep it up DCD!!!

First Post!!

Martain Manhunter and Despero

(too bad they don't do DC varients or we could get a variant "Martian Head" MM)

WW Flash and Captain Cold

Nightwing and Huntress

Atom Smasher and Alan Scott

Welcome to the board and congrats on that first post!

Some nice ideas for new 2packs there and you never know with the M.M. head thing, the C3 version came with a second head piece that was the 'conehead' M.M. and DC has been pretty good with accessories so far.

T.

p.s. Does your name mean there's a Starskyprime out there somewhere too? ;):)

First Post!!

Martain Manhunter and Despero

(too bad they don't do DC varients or we could get a variant "Martian Head" MM)

Well, considering they've done a few "secret identity" type pieces, I wouldn't be surprised to see an extra head piece for Martian Manhunter if they do him. Of course, they may just go with his new look, which would be awesome.

Also, I like the Flash/Captain Cold idea. Heck, they could probably do a couple rogues only sets with the Flash and Batman villains. I won't be holding my breath for those but it would make me insanely happy.

I'd like to see in Series 7:

Hawk/Dove 2-pack

Speedy/Wonder Girl (original) 2-pack

Orion/Darkseid (2.5 inch) 2-pack

Cyborg/Terra 2-pack

I know it's a hero-heavy assortment, but if we're filling up the Justice League, then bring on some Titans!

A mix of what I'd like to see and what we could possibly see:

Alan Scott GL/ Solomon Grundy (this for some reason seems like it will happen)

Martian Manhunter/ King Faraday (wha-what? New Frontier cartoon, Sgt Rock and Blackhawk- why not? MM gets regular head and cone head- and an oreo cookie)

Animal Man/ Adam Strange

Flash/ Captain Cold

Other contenders:

BD Hal GL/ Sinestro

Kyle GL/ Major Force

Mr. Terrific

Despero

Mongul

Fire and Ice

I've decided to throw my hat into this ring. Half guess, half wishlist.

Golden Age Blue Beetle (Dan Garret) w/ Modern Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

The Flash w/ Captain Cold

The Question w/ Captain Atom (perfect variant opportunity if they wanted one)

Golden Age Green Lantern (Alan Scott) w/ Vandal Savage (even though Solomon Grundy does seem like a more logical choice, I'd really rather see Vandal Savage)

I've decided to throw my hat into this ring. Half guess, half wishlist.

Golden Age Blue Beetle (Dan Garret) w/ Modern Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

The Flash w/ Captain Cold

The Question w/ Captain Atom (perfect variant opportunity if they wanted one)

Golden Age Green Lantern (Alan Scott) w/ Vandal Savage (even though Solomon Grundy does seem like a more logical choice, I'd really rather see Vandal Savage)

Ooooooh Vandal Savage :) Nice choice, I really like that idea and it's been WAY overlooked :)

T.

Well, MiniMyte, everyone thinks the Alan Scott/Solomon Grundy two-pack is coming, so that was an obvious pick. Flash, being a famous character, just has to pop up, but Captain Cold is just a guess at his companion from the Rogues Gallery. The Question and Captain Atom? Seems to be a fan-favourite. And we've been getting BD versions of all the JLA, so it's only a matter of time before Aquaman gets his turn, and Black Manta being one of his greatest enemies alongside Ocean Master.

• 3 months later...
Best Guess:

Green Lantern (GA)/Dr. Mid-Night

Atom (SA)/Elongated Man

Solar Suit Superman/Doomsday

Cyborg/Wonder Girl

The great thing is so far, even when I'm wrong I still win with as good as the assortments have been each eave thus far.

Well, I completely missed the boat but I'm not upset with the Wave 7 pickings!

Well, I already guessed before, but this is a general overview of everyones votes...

Alan Scott/Solomon Grundy

Captain Atom/The Question

Flash/Captain Cold

BD Aquaman/Black Manta

It makes most sense...

$10 says Aquaman's general overview will have more than 2 sets right when series 7 is announced. Call it a gut feeling.

I want my $10!