UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Which Marvel wave are you most interested in?

Shanester

Which Marvel wave are you most interested in?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which wave do you want most?

• Series 14 - X3 Movie Wave
    • Series 15 - Ghost Rider Movie Wave
    • Series 16 - Avengers Wave
    • Classic Spiderman Box Set
    • Spiderman 3 Movie Set

Well, so far people seem to be gravitating towards the Avengers. My kind of people. :thumbsup:

I think the X3 minis are my LEAST anticipated. The designs are good, but they just don't appeal to my tastes. The GR stuff is kinda boring, IMO.

The others are all on my list but the Avengers are most anticipated by me for sure.

I'm most interested in Wave 16 17 18 in that order. :D Probably more so because of the lack of SM3 pics. :(

I think it's common that the Classic Character Minimates are the most craved.

Something like X3 should have been with two waves last year, they are more than a bit late. So many characters missing.

Having the preview SM3 2-pack is a big improvement to having things late and 17/18 will be out before the DVD when there interest is still high.

Eek. The Zombie wave I can't wait for. What series is that going to be?

Not announced yet. It'll be a box set sometime this year. Can't wait for these too. Zombie Hulk rocks and I think it's cool to have Spidey’s with a clear leg to assimilate no flesh.

Character rehashes are fine to a point - I'll be buying almost all of these sets. But I'm most excited about new characters, and the Avengers wave delivers in spades.

Character rehashes are fine to a point - I'll be buying almost all of these sets. But I'm most excited about new characters, and the Avengers wave delivers in spades.

Surely if you're looking for spades the Ghost rider wave is the one that will deliver :D:woot::D

It is the Shoulderpads and Shovels wave!

T.

Surely if you're looking for spades the Ghost rider wave is the one that will deliver :D:woot::D

It is the Shoulderpads and Shovels wave!

T.

Ha! Good one! :thumbsup:

Definitely Wave 16! Thor, Quicksilver and the rest are easily going to be the best 'Mates of 2007!

1. Avengers

2. Spidey 3

3. Classic Spidey

4. X3

5. Ghost Rider

When Zombies is available, it'll move to #2.

Trade #2 with #3 and our lists are the same. Same goes for the Zombies. I am hoping we get those guys.

I voted for the Avengers, so many new characters, and big names. Least anticipated? Ghost Rider.

After watching Ghost Rider tonight, I really don't see the point of even doing Minimates if you can't get any of the bikes used in the film. Just... don't bother. Honestly. These figures will TANK.

After watching Ghost Rider tonight, I really don't see the point of even doing Minimates if you can't get any of the bikes used in the film. Just... don't bother. Honestly. These figures will TANK.

While I agree that these figures won't do nearly as well as any of the other waves, I think the fact that you have essentially an entire wave of civilians as opposed to waves of heroes and villains is what will be the ultimate downfall of the wave. That's not to say civilians are a bad move, as I think Battlestar Galactica, 24, and Back to the Future will be killer lines, its just that none of the civilians from Ghost Rider are particularly memorable nor necessary for any sort of play value. If they could have used some of the demons that showed up in the movie, then maybe. Heck, if they had used the original Ghost Rider, that would have been a killer figure as well. From the shallow pool they had for that movie, I think they just picked the wrong fish.

But I do agree that without the motorcycle, Ghost Rider isn't a top priority "must have" figure in minimate form, yet we've seen 3 (4 if you count flame color variations) versions of him to date.

1. Avengers - She-Hulk = 100% total victory

2. Spidey 3 - Movie of the year, love of Spidey

3. Classic Spidey - Love of Spidey, exclusive Hydro-man

4. Ghost Rider - Movie was okay actually

5. X3 - X-men = 100% total fail, pure completism only