UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ZArox

Ok so i get to see movies for free becuase my mom works for an online magazine, and we got passes to see 300!

She gave the tickets to mi padre and I. Ok we both thought it was awesome!

I wont give anythign away...um just look it up in a history book if you really want to know what happens without seeing the movie. :tongue:

Anyone plannign on seeing it when it comes out

P.S it is rated R for intense violence and nudity.

I totally want to see this movie, in fact I might sneak out of work early on Friday to catch an afternoon performance.( Shhhush dont tell my boss)

Rather than look at the history books you'd be better taking a look at the graphic novel it's based on.

*Unless you're Alpheon, the comic book is pretty graphic too ;) (Just kidding with you Alpheon, you're always telling us how squimish you are! :) )*

Apparently they sold it to the studios with the intent of basically recreating the Graphic novel on screen, and from what I"ve seen it looks pretty close.

T.

I'm planning on seeing it - don't know exactly when or if it'll be in the theater or if I'll wait for the DVD release, but I will see it. It looks like they've taken the comic and put it on screen. (Much like Sin City - another fav Miller book translated well onto the big screen.)

Lol I didnt even know they made a graphic novel for it.

I heard a rumor that it took 30 days to film the movie, and then like years of editing and special effects.

I already told your boss....

In related news, it looks like the 300 Spartans chip shop in Loughborough has closed down.

Dunno if they were any good, maybe they tried to recreate the battle but with the chinese restaurant across the road.

...and I'll be going now.

Jo

This is my most anticipated film of 2007. Yes, even more so than Spiderman 3. I can't wait.

same here Shane, for me, its also one of my favorite stories in history.Even more, the Samurai Jack episode about this happens to be my favorite cartoon episode ever.

This is my most anticipated film of 2007. Yes, even more so than Spiderman 3. I can't wait.

same here Shane, for me, its also one of my favorite stories in history.Even more, the Samurai Jack episode about this happens to be my favorite cartoon episode ever.

Thats cool Nervous. I too really like that episode of Samurai Jack. Its some great animation. The Battle of Thermopylae is my second favorite story. My first is the Iliad, which I reread about once a year.

I caught an IMAX screening 2 1/2 weeks ago and was pleased with the movie. I think it's definitely worth the price of admission.

I haven't liked anything this much since probably Gladiator eventhough they are totally different movies. 300 is pretty Smooth, Just go see it.

Lol I didnt even know they made a graphic novel for it.

I heard a rumor that it took 30 days to film the movie, and then like years of editing and special effects.

I already told your boss....

The Graphic Novel by Frank Miller actually was released as 5 single comic issues published by Dark Horse in 1998(I think, maybe earlier). It was later collected as a graphic novel I believe.

Everything I've heard so far is it is just absolutely breathtaking, and amazing. Can't wait to see it. I passed up on the screening at WonderCon last weekend. Arg.

"Spartans... tonight we dine in hell!" Tell me this line from the movie will ever soon be forgotten. I don't think so. Amazing, amazing, amazing movie. A definite MUST SEE! DST... it's your turn now. Go out there and secure the 300 licence, for all of us here want to own our very own 300 MINIMATES!

Saw it today, Very cool movie !! - It was spooky how they set certain shots up to match panels EXACTLY like the comic strip. Possibly even more so than Sin City.

My only bitch was the moron who sat behind me eating something from the worlds most noisey plastic bag..... after 40 mins of it being loud enough that it drowned out parts of the dialog I lost it my 'inner fonzie' turned round and gave him and his bag of whatever an 'evil eye' that Chuck would have been proud of, and it finally went quiet... :D

Def worth seeing...unless you're squimish.

T.

I was able to see it last night with my wife. It was an amazing movie. So many memorable moments. I'm definately buying this when it comes out on DVD. And a line of 300 minimates would definately be good thing. Crosses fingers.

Just got back from seeing it a Very good movie