UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kel's Custom Stikfas...

I picked one up but haven't opened it yet.

Be sure to watch for a Minimates vs. Stikfas soon at MMHQ. I know Kirby and Fujis have thrown down on this topic (actually waiting for a full rebuttal from Kirby - hint hint :P )

I hope I can throw some gasoline on the proverbial fire. :)

I had a couple of Stikfas a few yrs back (2002ish), I thought they were the coolest thing out at the time...

Awesome poseability, nice to have the stickers to make differnt 'characters' but ultimately the 'blankness' of them bored me.

That was of course before I found minimates and got into customising!

maybe I should re-buy into them and make something to see how I get on.

T.

I bought a case of the original Stikfas back before Hasbro got their mitts on them... They were awesome, still are actuall, but the Minimates took their place for me. I did pick up the Samauri and the Knight on the Horse, but that was about it.

Nice work on those customs Kel.

There are three different sizes of Minimates...

The originals were 3", then they got shrank to 2", then they got a bit of a growth spurt, and shot up to 2.5".

All of the "Superhero" figures are 2". The 2.5" figures were used for the human characters from Lord of the Rings, and the 3" figures were the Rock Line, Crouching Tiger & Bruce Lee figures.

What size do you have?

It wouldn't be a LOTR one... The only 3" that they made for that line was Sauron, who is all silvery grey... I'm drawing a blank as to what it would be. Can you post a picture?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

When Lila Ferrati, daughter of wealthy industrialists, Able and Renette Ferrati, first approached Qui’ote about joining STATUS Q, he agreed, but with conditions. She would give up her “party girl†lifestyle to learn discipline and train in martial arts. Spending a year in the far east, under the tutelage of Ode (another Status Q member). She surprised everyone by excelling in her studies. and while she still enjoys a night out on the town, she has grown into a valued member of the team.

A special feature of Lila’s Status armor is a kinetic intensifier built into the plating of her right arm. This device enhances the impact of her punches by a factor of up to 15X.

newlila4.jpg

newlila5.jpg

newlila1.jpg

newlila8.jpg

newlila7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Akeem Rath-Alizar / Rath, adventurer. Former Olympic archer. Former agent of the Mossad . Rath resigned from the Mossad under unknown circumstances. Contacted by his long time friend Nash Clayton/Rook with an opportunity to meet Qui‘ote Five. Invited to join Status Q, Rath has become the first international member. He is the third of his unit joining Biggs and Lila.

rath1.jpg

rath3.jpg

rath5.jpg

rath9.jpg

rath8.jpg

Pressured into the police force by his father (police chief Randell Nighten),Wilem Nighten saw an opportunity to break away and still serve the greater good. He answered a want-ad placed by Qui'ote Five. He took his mothers maiden name of Kidd and joined Qui'ote as the second recruit of Status Q. He and Qui'ote have since become good friends. Just don't call him "youthful ward".

newkidd1.jpg

newkidd2.jpg

newkidd4.jpg

The Dynamic Duo

Dynamicduo3.jpg

These are such beautiful works of art. I love your stuff, Kel. Thanks for sharing.

Just had a thought - have you ever considered creating a Minimates version of Qui'ote? I am intrigued by the idea ...

Thank you I'm glad you like them.

I do have a 3 inch Minimate set aside for a Qui'ote version, just havent gotten to it yet.

Have a microman too :)

• 1 month later...