UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Box of empty mates???

So, this is the thing.... I bought 2 packs each of the TRU exclusive 4 packs of New Avengers and Astonishing XMen a few months back, with the intent of keeping 1 and selling the other on EBay. The Astonishing pack never sold, so I returned it to the store. The New Avengers pack sold, but the guy never paid me after like a month and a half, so I never sent the item. I didn't have the receipt anymore, so I decided to open 'em up for customizing and/or giving to my daughter. Well, good thing the guy never paid me, cuz the box was empty :huh: Now, I started to wonder if I was going nuts, because I remember checking both packs of Astonighing, and the figs were there, but I thought I had checked the NA packs too :confused: but I can't find the little buggers ANYWHERE, even after packing up everything we own and moving, I didn't find them. So either they were never in the box, or the minimate gremlins stole them. Has this ever happened to anyone else or am I alone in my utter confusinsanity ????? :wacko:

BS

All the packs TRU packs I've seen had been opened in the store. Some have been missing specific mates, some have wrong mates in them, some are missing all the mates entirely. (It's not just the new 4 packs either - it's been going on for YEARS.) I always double check what I'm getting in the box while I'm at TRU. Even if it looks like it is sealed, if I'm buying, I'm opening them and double checking what's there.

Sounds like you were the lucky recipient of the highly rare Invisible New Avengers set. Don't you remember that scene from the New Avengers book where they were all invisible? You know, the one, right before they did the thing to that guy? Anyway, don't lose them, as they're bound to be worth money some day.

Of course, its entirely possible that the guy you were going to ebay them to managed to hack your computer, digitize the minimates, and download them to his computer. That would also explain why he didn't pay.

both very good theories dragnrbrn. either way, if i ever decide to sell my "invisible" mates on ebay, i'll warn everyone here not to bid :P

disclaimer: for those people with no sense of humor, i am kidding and would not try to swindle any innocent ebayers.... unless they are under the age of 10... or from france.

BS

i think most people fall into the category of "under 112" but for the record, i would not take advantage of an old person... that doesn't sound right does it?

Are you saying I'm unattractive?! :verymad:

Depends, are you 112? I don't know of many people over 100 who are particularly attractive.

Sounds like you were the lucky recipient of the highly rare Invisible New Avengers set. Don't you remember that scene from the New Avengers book where they were all invisible? You know, the one, right before they did the thing to that guy? Anyway, don't lose them, as they're bound to be worth money some day.

Of course, its entirely possible that the guy you were going to ebay them to managed to hack your computer, digitize the minimates, and download them to his computer. That would also explain why he didn't pay.

If there's an Alt set of invisible Avengers how come there aren't any pictures on the pinned Marvel list? :P

Well, my then g/f bought me a 2 pack of minis with Nightcrawler and Colossus and it was missing Nightcrawler.

He wasn't missing. He just "bamfed" somewhere else. Perhaps he'll return some day.

Oh, and the invisible Avengers aren't in the official thread because they couldn't be found for their group picture. :biggrin:

Yes, but we did manage to stumble across Cap, but before we could take the pic, he disappeared again :teehee:

Closest I've come to this (empty box from ebay) was a 4-pack that had a wrong mates (different 4-pack), and unfortunately ones I already. Offered to send them back, but seller was quite happy to open up another to make sure that had the right ones and let me keep the mistake one.

But yeah, I shake my boxes to make sure they feel right before sending, which just leaves paranoia over the amount of tape on the boxes, making me question if they weren't already opened by someone else and swapped exclusvies/chases for others...