UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New ToyFare unveils new Minimates!

thechrishaley

Wow my ecitement level jsut dropped that's one ugly Iron Spidey, it's just too busy & the eye's seem really off :ermm:

I dont want to blow my own ( and Base 24's who the artwork is based on) trumpet but...

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=18882

Heck dont AA even have Base24 on board doing some stuff for them why not just use his design as is?

*EDIT* Actually the more I look at it the more it does look based of his stuff, just painted rather than taking the AI file and making a decal or eventual tampo out of it.

Barry are you out there, if you're allowed, Care to comment?

T.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Civil War Spider-man is busy because they were trying to make it appear reflective. Seems they struck out on this one, it would have better been served in Gold, not bad yellow. Hopefully Web Armor Spidey will be an improvement.

I kinda like the Norman Osborn GG, the way it should have been origianly. Great chain-mail details. Wish the GG mask actually had a GG face.

The Civil War Spider-man is busy because they were trying to make it appear reflective. Seems they struck out on this one, it would have better been served in Gold, not bad yellow. Hopefully Web Armor Spidey will be an improvement.

Agreed, although I am quite partial to Timmy's Iron Spidey

I kinda like the Norman Osborn GG, the way it should have been origianly. Great chain-mail details.

Yeah maskless GG looks cool, as does the half covered Black Spidey.

As for Civ War Spidey... I actually think going yellow isnt the problem, making the outlines for the 'gold' more crisp ( it's metalic armor not playdoh), dropping the 'highlighting' on it and sorting out the too tall/too narrow eyes would be a huge improvement.

T.

I'm still fairly impressed. Unmasked Goblin sold the line for me, what with the insane look in his eyes. And it looks like that Hydro-man has transparent water accessories as opposed to the previously seen solid light blue. Yeah, I'm not 100% on board with the Iron Spidey (I like my version better, with TBT's a close second :tongue: ) I could live with the chest detail but the face is just off in my opinion. Still, who's to say these are the final product, as they didn't even appear at Toy Fair.

Thanks for the scans, Chris! Is it possible for you to scan the entire page in as well as adding the scans of the new Speed Racer Minimates? My LCS was out of the latest issue...

Anyone else think they reused the design of DarkTide Wolverine's mouth for Goblin?

I envisioned a more simple approach on the "Civil War" Spidey (like TBT's) but I still like the figure enough. Just looking at that figure made me wonder what it would look like if they used a gold translucent base with red paint apps to give the effect of the reflective gold parts. It's probably not feasible, especially since the eyes have no way of illuminating strongly if everything else on the head was painted but it's just a random thought. About that Web Armor Spidey, I hope nobody tries to pass that off on Ebay as a genuine Silver Spidey.

I kinda like the Norman Osborn GG, the way it should have been origianly. Great chain-mail details.

That's my only issue with all these new minimates...they are making them too busy. Iron Spider has too much stuff, and the Venom and Black spidey have too much detailing in the torso. Sad to say but too much detail can be a bad thing.

I am extremely excited about these spidey packs though!

Hmm, I actually most of the new designs. I don't think they are too busy, except for Assault Punisher and Gaijin Wolverine, who both have really craptastic faces.

Thanks for the scans, Chris! Is it possible for you to scan the entire page in as well as adding the scans of the new Speed Racer Minimates? My LCS was out of the latest issue...

Anyone else think they reused the design of DarkTide Wolverine's mouth for Goblin?

fullpage.jpg

There you go.

The new issue isn't in comic shops until tomorrow, so you should still be able to pick it up this week.

The article is several pages long, so the Speed Racer, BSG, DC, Kellogg's, 24, BTTF, aren't in this scan.

I can try to scan the rest later if there's still a demand.

I think what bothers me about Iron Spidey is the eyes. The yellow / orange highlighting is fine on the body, but really makes the eyes look funny. Maybe leave the eyes the flat yellow color, and give them the black outline like around the yellow spider on his chest?

And Unmasked Green Goblin is frickin' awesome.

Pulse elevating :huh: . Heart rate increasing :ohmy: . Head spinning :wacko: Minimate overload! Gonna be sick :sick: .

Man oh man! 2007 is truly the YEAR OF THE MINIMATE! Spidey wave at Target! Woo Hoo! I think that the Norman Osborn / GG just might be MM of the year. Amazing detail and I'd say the likeness is with out a doubt BANG ON! Way to go DST and AA! Keep up the good work.

Woah. I've been waiting since last June for this to happen! Civil War Spidey is definately going to be cool, but I agree with boyd: those eyes just throw off the whole concept. Who knows, maybe they will change the design before release?

-NegativeZone

There you go.

The new issue isn't in comic shops until tomorrow, so you should still be able to pick it up this week.

The article is several pages long, so the Speed Racer, BSG, DC, Kellogg's, 24, BTTF, aren't in this scan.

I can try to scan the rest later if there's still a demand.

Thanks, Chris! I would still love to see the scans of those pages as I don't have a scanner and therefore have no way to get the pics up at the HQ! But I will be checking my LCS for a copy tomorrow for sure.

And nice to see you Barry, I'm sure you had your hands in at least one of the new projects that we've seen if not more. And I'm betting that Desperately Seeking Susan was your idea, wasn't it? :tongue:

According to the ToyFare article, Hydro-Man is only available in the box set and "Civil War" Spider-Man, Transformation Venom, and Web Armor Spider-Man are exclusive to the Target 2-packs. 10 points to the marketing division! Now if only they could figure out how to get Toys 'R' Us Canada to carry Minimates again!