UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New ToyFare unveils new Minimates!

thechrishaley

I got the new ToyFare magazine (with Transformers movie toys cover story) in the mail yesterday, and it has a huge article on 2007 being the year of the Minimates.

This article included a calendar of scheduled release times for all the upcoming series as well as pictures of 'Mates that hadn't been announced/shown yet.

The next Target exclusive wave will be Spider-Man centered and out in the Spring (to coincide with the movie of course).

The line-up for this wave is :

"Torment" Spider-Man & Powerhouse Venom

Melee Symbiote Spider-Man & Powerhouse Sandman

"Civil War" Spider-Man & Transformation Venom

Web Armor Spider-Man & Green Goblin (w/ removable mask)

I'll try to get some scans up as soon as possible, if no one beats me to it. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gentle Jesus, a removeable mask on Green Goblin?! First they steal my Wasp's head accessory for the Marvel Zombies line, then they steal my removeable goblin mask? I'd be angry if I wasn't so impressed with how they're implementing all these cool new innovations.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Bring on the scans!

So, "Civil War" Spider-Man - is this the Iron-Spider costume?

And Web Armor Spider-Man - is it this outfit? I will be so happy if it is the Spider-Armor...

"Civil War" definitely equals Iron-Spidey.

There's no picture of the "Web Armor", but I'd have to assume that it is that version.

Awesome customs, by the way, Boyd. :thumbsup:

thechrishaley - Thanks for the info, and the compliment!

So - removeable mask Goblin, Iron Spidey - think these will be exclusive to Target, or will they show up in the direct market?

Also, it looks like four out of five of the Minimates in the announced Spider-Man box set may also be available through Target.

Finally, some Target minimates that aren't simple rehashes of the latest wave of figures. I'm happy Target is keeping the rolling stock going, but after the Astonishing X-Men/New Avengers 4-packs at TRU and wave 12 & 13 being released, the only thing I've been buying at Target was Ghost Rider and Daredevil.

Does Iron Spidey feature the extra arms, or is he just a simple repaint of a blank minimate? I need to see these pictures.

BTW Fujis, good call on the McFarlane Spider-Man, as thats what "Torment Spider-Man" is.

I missed something. What is "Torment Spider-Man"?

Does ToyFare magazine hit comic book stores today (2/13) or tomorrow (2/14)?

"Torment" was a small story arc, featuring the Lizard I believe, drawn by MacFarlane.

BTW Fujis, good call on the McFarlane Spider-Man, as thats what "Torment Spider-Man" is.

Thanks! I'm unfamiliar with the Torment story arc but the detailing on the new Spidey screamed McFarlane. Can't wait to see those scans!

Yipee!!!! :D This is great news, please give us scans! Can't wait to get my Toy Fare.

I'm curious to know if some of these are ones already proposed for the Spider-man Boxset announced at the Toy Fair. More so Powerhouse Venom and Transformation Venom.

Hopefully after this, we can see more villians after Venom/Green Goblin/Sandman. I'm really pumped about the removable mask for GG. :)

Thanks for sharing the news.

*POP!* My Spidey-happysense just pegged out! :D Very cool, very excellent Spider-Man wave.

It's also great that Target is sitting up and taking notice of miniMates, getting exclusvies (or first run) and what not. I do believe our little plastic buddies have hit the big time, boys and girls!

And the "Torment" storyline is from way back, when McFarlane thought he was a writer. It was the first story arc in his "Spider-Man" title (note no prefix words in the title name). If memory serves me.... which it rarely does. :rolleyes:

We do listen to what people want every once in a while, you know.

BTW, Web Armor Spider-Man is indeed the silver spacey armor. Just think of him as a poor man's Silver Spidey ;)

Did you ever know you are my hero, DSTMatt? Truly, you are the wind beneath my wings.

Thank you.