UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lots of Green Lanterns so far.. how about Kyle Rayner?

The Vox

So with the wide net DC has casted for character selection in the new DCD Minimate line.. it's probably just a matter of time until we see Kyle Rayner. My question for discussion is,

Which version of Kyle Rayner do you think we will see?

My first guess is his 2nd costume which was seen towards the end of the 90's and into this century. I do think there is a chance that we could see him in his first costume which was mostly black and white with green accessories.. but who knows?.. So now for the long shot question, if the line is successful and we start getting variations of some characters (other than Supes and Bats) do any of you think there is a chance of seeing Ion?

Sorry to be a fanboy.. I am just a fan of GL's in general and would love to see as much as they are willing to put out there.

Everyone cross your fingers and hope this line has TONS of success.

Vox :thumbsup:

I'd like to see him in his black/white costume, I think. It didn't have much green on it but after all this time it's the one that I associate with him the most. The rest just don't feel quite right, to me. Ah well. The last GL costume he wore and the Ion one are so interchangeable to me that it wouldn't much matter one way or the other (to me, at least).

I'd just like to get several GLs. I hope they'll branch out and make other alien GL's like Tomar Re, Katma Tui, Arisia and so forth.

I'd be REALLY surprised if Alan Scott is not announced in one of the next couple waves.. I think with the way the waves are going, he is a pretty solid bet!

As for Kyle, the more i think about it the more I'll just be happy to have another GL. My first custom minimate was the black and white costumed Kyle.. it isn't a perfect paint job but I gave it a good shot. :teehee: After John Stewart came out last summer I made my "Superman-The Animated Series" Kyle Rayner by putting a Dare Devil head on Stewarts body and painted a mask on him. I do hope they keep going with the GL's.. Guy and Kilowog were a surprise for me.. they are showing lots of love to the Corps.

Vox :thumbsup:

Honestly, I can't believe that haven't done Kyle yet. In fact, I think that if you did a poll, Kyle would be the most popular of all GLs, but that's just a theory. Anyway, if we get a Kyle figure I would imagine the 1st one would be his current Ion suit. It just makes since since there are so many GLs, Ion would make a nice bit of a chance, plus the suit is extra cool.

However, if I was in charge I'd like to see a Kyle Rayner Boxed Set. It would be a 4-pack and you could call it the "Evolution of Kyle". The four figures included would be:

1st GL Suit:

gliaa3.png

1st Ion Suit:

ionixq2.png

2nd GL Suit:

kyle1hm1.jpg

Current Ion Suit:

ioniixd0.png

The set would come complete with a Green Lantern (like all the others :) ) as well as multiple Translucent Green Weapons/Props (Sword, Ax, Baseball Bat, Claw, etc).

Now, this will probably never happen, but a boy can dream right :P. neo