UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair Pics!!

minijeff

So, Marvel Zombies is a box set! Good! As for the Spider-Man set:

- Spider-Man = Very Nice mini, but the finished product better have painted sides.

- Hydroman - Nice Figure all around. My favorite of that set.

- Venom = Nice except for the hole in the head. Even if you did plug a toung in there, it wouldn't line up with the mouth.

- Black Spider-Man = Not sure about this one. It'll be nice for people who have the original Black Spidey, but a let down for those who don't.

- Sandman = 3rd worst figure ever, behind Spider-Sense Spider-Man and Mariko. He looks pudgy and just plain ugly. By far the worst figure of the set!

So it looks like multipack boxed sets are going to be a major flavor of 2007. I like the idea, since it seems it would keep costs (at least in terms of packaging) down and make picking them up more accessible. I am looking forward to these, however I'm not sure what the grand total is going to be at the end of the year. Can you claim minimates as a dependent on your taxes?

Forgive me...are these supposed to be from SM3?

Nope.

But like Ben Reilly/Sandman two-pack for Target or the AA FF set just in time for the first FF movie, the inclusion of characters that will be in the movie is intended cash in on the general public's interest in the characters without being movie licensed.

In actual fact it looks like a McFarlene Spidey set, the Spidey's chest design looks very much like how he drew it and Sandman and Hydroman were villains active around the time Venom made his first come-back

I think its just a TRU/Target/con exclusive type set that mirrors the movie without actually being the movie set. I'd say one of the next waves will see Spidey 3.

My only complaints about the set is that Hydroman should have used transparent parts to simulate real water. Nothing a couple Ryus, a Target Iceman, and a little black paint can't fix. And why is Sandman using J Jonah Jameson's head? Shouldn't they have used a hairpiece instead? Maybe he has a sand face underneath.

The Marvel Zombies look ok , The Spider-man set looks like it could be great.

Like was said above i too hope that they paint spideys side, coz he'd look much better.

Not sure where to put this but with all the new stuff being hyped at Toyfair can we put a timeline together so I can call me mortgage broker and let him know when I need the extra cash for all the mates comming out? :D Also I kind of feel like a dick after all the bitching I did last year not having anything new. So sorry Minimate Gods please forgive me!!!! :thanks:

I love the look of the Spider-Man and Marvel Zombies box set. However I don't know how easy it would be for me to get them, and I'd love to get a hold of Hydro-Man. Still, if I see them and have the money I won't say no.

Yeah, Samwise, talk about making up for lost time this past year! Wow...what a loaded schedule. Seems like I'll be picking up a new wave every couple weeks.

I really like the idea of doing box sets. It's a good way to get in a quasi-wave that will have some solid main characters and some less popular, but much wanted, other characters. Plus, it works so well for the other licenses like Rocky and 24.

Personally, I'm shocked and delighted to be getting those Marvel Zombies. That was really a set out of left field.

Yay for MiniMates!