UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

And another line suffers...

So, I just got my classic Cylons from an ebay auction and I go to posing the little guys and one of the knees snaps on my Battle Damaged Command Centurion. So I go to check the others, and they were all stiff, and another knee snapped, this time on my Battle Damaged Cylon.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how I can get replacement legs?

Nope, mine have been great, in fact I was very impressed with the quality of the BSG mates.

2 Cases of new and one of oldschool cylons without a single issue...

As for replacements... normally I'd say take it back to the store... It depends on how reputable the ebay seller you bought from is.

You could try emailing DST but I dont think anyone has gotten joy that way yet.

T.

That sucks drgnrbrn. Much like TBT I was of the opinion that the cylons were a huge leap forward quality wise. The only issue I do have is that the hands/cannons on the modern cylons are immovable. Hope DST sort you out mate.

That sucks drgnrbrn. Much like TBT I was of the opinion that the cylons were a huge leap forward quality wise. The only issue I do have is that the hands/cannons on the modern cylons are immovable. Hope DST sort you out mate.

The hands/cannon do move, it just takes some prying and guts to break them free to move. Unlike other joints, though, the chance of snapping aren't so great.

Wrote an email to DST earlier today and I already heard back:

Brian,

I'm sorry to hear about this. We would normally replace these free of charge with no problems, but we are sold out of both the Classic and Modern Cylon Minimates. I'll keep you posted if any turn up.

Thanks,

Chris

I guess the "DST not responding well to emails" is a myth. I doubt I'll get the replacement parts though, seeing as the classic line is dead in the water right now, so I guess its back to eBay for me.

I hadn't had time to open all my classic Cylons as I only got them yesterday. I've just opened up the Stealth, Battle damaged, and commander, and sure enough even though I really teased the knee joints on the stealth cylon very gently indeed the right knee has sheared clean off. The thing is, it doesn't feel like it's breaking as it turns, it feels like the normal amount of resistance you'd expect from a minimates knee joint.

Luckily I had a spare mini flyer batgirl who has gladly donated some of her parts. It's not good though is it?

The hands/cannon do move, it just takes some prying and guts to break them free to move. Unlike other joints, though, the chance of snapping aren't so great.

I had that same problem, I was able to finally get them off, and that is the only problem I have had. In fact I think these have been some of the best mates in a long time!

Well, my mini-luck finally ran out tonight. After my initial inspection I assumed everything was okay with my classics. But then I read Rad's post about how the joint doesn't seem like it's breaking, so I rechecked my minis, and sure enough my battle damaged classic lost his left leg at the knee. And exactly as Rad described, there was no resistance or other indication the knee was bad. It posed initially and then when I repositioned it, it simply fell away from the rest of the figure. I guess it had to happen sooner or later, but it is still frustrating to have one of my mini's break.

And yes, I do find it ironic that the battle damaged versions are falling apart.

• 2 weeks later...
drgnrbrn316, how exactly are the knees snapping? I've been lucky with all my Cylons and DC figures, but would like to know what to watch for. Where in the joint is the weakness? If any one has pictures, that'd be great.

I've had one snap right at the base of the knee joint, wringing the entire peg off. The other snapped midway down the peg, so it is still functional, just not nearly as stable as a full peg. What to look for is watch the peg when you first try bending the knee. If the leg is hard to move and that peg doesn't look to be turning, stop moving it and try some of the other methods of working it loose (WD-40, etc). If the leg moves but that peg doesn't, then you've broken it mid-peg. If the leg comes off in your hand and that peg didn't move, then...well, I'm sure you can guess what you just did. :thumbsup:

I'll see if I can get pics of the afflicted Cylons.