UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Webhead's Customs - 1/24/07

When I have time I will update this so it's links instead of pics but for now just wanted to get these back up.

Iceman

Iceman.jpg

This was my first custom

Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin.jpg

He's one of my favorites. I love the way his sculpted cape came out. He was my first true custom as it involved painting, scultpting, and decal design.

Here's a shot of the cape

Hobgoblinside.jpg

Scarlet Spider

ScarletSpider1.jpg

The spider symbol took forever to design. I didn't have a spare set of Powerman's bracelets so I created my own web shooters from sculpey.

ScarletSpider2.jpg

Here's another shot

Sin-Eater

Sin-Eater1.jpg

I'm working on his shotgun right now. I'll update the pic when I get it done.

Shadowcat

Shadowcat.jpg

Colossus looked lonely so I had to get Kitty Pryde up there to keep him company. Her 80's costume comes complete with big hair!

Puprle Man

PurpleMan.jpg

My brother gave me Alias to read. I was skeptical but I loved it. I love how Bendis turned this chump into a real threat so I had to bring him to life as a minimate.

PurpleManwiththeLadies.jpg

Purple Man's power allows him to control the will of others. Wherever he goes, the ladies can't get enough of him!

The Sentry

TheSentry.jpg

The Sentry is quite possibly my favorite custom (next to Hobgoblin). Another character Bendis brought back, this time in New Avengers.

TheSentryinaction.jpg

Here's the Sentry sticking to Carnage as seen in New Avengers #2.

Luke Cage

LukeCage.jpg

I'm obsessed with New Avengers.

New Avengers Assemble!!!!

NewAvengers.jpg

I need to take a new pic now that I have Spider-Woman

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow

SnakeEyesandStormShadow.jpg

Yo Joe!!! I like the angry look Storm Shadow has.

Cobra Commander

CobraCommander.jpg

Snake Eyes needed some evil to fight so why not start at the top. He definitely needs some henchmen and Destro to yell at. I used an Iron Man mask for his helmet

The Age of Apocalypse...

Holocaust

Holocaust4.jpg

The son of Apocalypse came over with Nate Grey when the Age of Apocalypse ended (or supposedly ended). The camera doesn’t pick up the yellow highlights in the paint. He looks too orange here. I used sculpey for his arm gun, plastic for his armor, and a plastic lid for his dome.

Here's another pic with the flash

Holocaust2.jpg

Another from the Age of Apocalypse...

Abyss

Abyss.jpg

Abyss variant

Abyssvariant.jpg

made him with some unraveled arms. I might take another pic after I put some more bends into the arms.

Here's a side shot of his hair. I drybrushed white highlights into the hair. You can't see it in the pics...it looks better in person.

Abysssideshot.jpg

Apocalypse

Apocalypse.jpg

Just as he appears back in the X-Men comics he appears on my customs thread. I really like how he turned out.

Now Holocaust has a daddy!

Mr. Sinister

Mr.jpg

Mr-1.jpg

Thanks to antacost for giving me suggestions on the design of the cape (among other things). I did try something different by using grocery twistie ties for the back of the cape. It worked great as they were flexible enough to give me angles that I needed. I am really happy with this custom, probably my favorite of the more recent ones.

Sinister turned out great. Stroke of genius there with the twistie tie cape...

Is Apocalypse a new one? I feel that I've seen him before. Regardless, he turned out great.

Way to go all around, my'man!

Sinister turned out great. Stroke of genius there with the twistie tie cape...

Is Apocalypse a new one? I feel that I've seen him before. Regardless, he turned out great.

Way to go all around, my'man!

Thanks man! I appreciate everyone's feedback! Apocalypse was done earlier this year, right around the same time as Holocaust.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I loved doing the AOA and the GI Joes. I still have some more of both to finish still.

Man, those GI Joe ones look PERFECT! Did you paint the decals yourself or print them on?

I designed decals in Adobe Illustrator and printed them off. I used a combo of both, but for the more complex ones definitely decals. I'm not the seasoned painter like Luke!

• 4 months later...
Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow

SnakeEyesandStormShadow.jpg

Yo Joe!!! I like the angry look Storm Shadow has.

I've got to say that in my opinion and without question that those two are the coolest Minimates that i have ever seen custom made or that in my opinion again, should be officially made. I love me some Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow and when they are 2" then they are just even cooler.

Well done that man, excellent work :jawdrop:

You just bumped one of the oldest threads...

This is what happens when you join a forum ages after it's opened, you miss all the good stuff :P

I didn't join too early either, though I guess I'm kinda important now. You will always be "that guy with the awesome sig"!

You just bumped one of the oldest threads...

This is what happens when you join a forum ages after it's opened, you miss all the good stuff :P

I didn't join too early either, though I guess I'm kinda important now. You will always be "that guy with the awesome sig"!

I used to belong to Danny's forum and even then, i was one of the last people to join which is just typical for me :P

As for the sig, a few people have passed comment on it as it goes. I just wish i could take credit for drawing it but my people drawing skills are about as non existant as my customising skills, hence why what's in this thread just blows me away...