UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thursdays Announcement: She-Hulk & Wonder Man

AdyCarter

As soon as I saw the line up, I thought the same thing as everyone else here. Where's Hawkeye and Vision?

DST keeps costs down by reusing as many parts as possible and it looks like Thor has a few newly sculpted parts. I guess that's why there is no Hawkeye in this wave (new mask, bow, arrows and quiver) but I think they could have done a Vision with existing parts.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordinarily, I'd join right in on the parts-reuse bashing, but I support it this time around. Shulkie's hair looks just fine using the New Phoenix hairpiece. Any other hair reuse in this wave is hardly noticeable and suits the character just as well. Given that this wave has seen the return of accessories and new sculpts, I'll accept any reuses that suit the characters. The bent bar that She-Hulk comes with, though silly, is just awesome.

As for Hawkeye, I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop up in a future wave. He's a popular character, and would serve well as the Thor of the next Avengers line-up. And given that he's led both the Thunderbolts and the GSAs, there's plenty of theme waves for him to headline. With so many Avengers to choose from, it was inevitable that some of the most popular wouldn't make the list. I guess maybe they spoiled us a little bit too much with Thor. Watch them pull a Thanos on us and replace him with Wolverine 2099 or something. :thumbsup:

And to all those guests who came to visit for the announcement, feel free to join the insanity and sign up with the Multiverse. Act now and receive your very own straightjacket with your name stitched across the front. Just our way of making you feel like one of the lunatics that runs rampant on the boards. :banana:

Another really great looking set. The entire wave is going to be excellent, and I can't wait to get them.

She Hulk puts me a little closer to having the roster of Secret Wars in Mini form, so that's cool.

I do wish Hawkeye and Vision would have been included, but hopefully this is an indication of more comic accurate waves in the near future for the line. We still have Wasp and Black Panther and a Giant Man and so on. There is certainly enough characters for another Avengers wave.

I'll officially register my vote for Hawkeye in the next wave (or – dare we dream – summer exclusive) now. That said, I think this wave is a strategic slam dunk.

Looking at the wave as a whole, and compared to other waves, really makes me appreciate that Thor. When AA/DST makes a new part, they're obviously thinking about how many other characters it could apply to. They've been able to get a lot of milage out of the New Phoenix hair – sure, we'd like to see a new hair sculpt for every female character, but, as was pointed out, it works perfectly well here and doesn't diminish the character.

Thor, on the other hand, has very few pieces that can be recycled. Unless we do see a "Thor wave," the helmet, cape/chestpiece, hammer and belt molds can pretty much get shelved at this point. Same with Loki's helmet and goblet. They might be able to reuse the boots for someone. That was a big investment in a character to please fans. We all gripe about Spidey and Wolvie variants, but, as the uncle of a six-year-old, I know full well those tentpole characters are what moves product off the shelves at Target. With this wave, they're taking a chance on characters not constantly in the spotlight and a fair number of parts that probably can't be reused.

So, in short, thanks, AA/DST for going out on a limb and investing in the fans. I've already seen a lot of positive buzz on other boards about people wanting to get back into Minimates because of this wave. It certainly reminded me why I've stuck around.

And, yeah, get on that Hawkeye. :)

A fine, fine wave all told. While there was no Hawkeye, I can be patient. And I did get Quicksilver, something I certainly was not expecting! :)

And dang Ady, those have got to be the biggest miniMate pics I've ever downloaded...

YAY! :D Awesome wave, probably the best wave so far :D.

My take on the parts reuse is that I've not been a fan of the abuse of it in the past but there is nothing in this wave I consider to be forced, SheHulks hair is an example where it's a good fit, despite being a piece we've seen many times before.

For those that are bitching about no Hawkeye/Vision, I bet we will get them soon. My guess why they weren't included was they need new parts to do them well, Vision needs the cape and Hawkeye needs the mask and all those bow things :P There are a lot of new parts in this wave already and I'm sure that they had to keep the costs down somehow.

THANK YOU for a great wave DST/AA :)

T.

Very cool choices. I don't mind not seeing Vision and Hawkeye just yet. Gives us something to wait for. This is the best lineup yet. Thanks AA/DST! Now the unbearable wait until these are released.

I think it's rather clever to not give us Hawkeye just yet. With the DC packs, most of the parts will be out there, so the customizers can have a crack at doing their own Hawkeye. Then later on they can put out an official one. There's been so much talk of Hawkeye lately (is he the new Thor, in terms of most-wanted Marvel mate?) that AA will most definitely be doing Hawkeye at some point.

Wow, they should have ended with Thor because my interest in this wave went down day by day. I don't care about Quicksilver and I don't care about She-Hulk or Wondr Man. In fact, if I wasn't a completionist, I would only pick up the Thor/Loki set.

Well, I guess I'll have to keep Ultimate Thor and Hawkeye on the top of my list and hope it doesn't take another 5 years to get them. neo

Most users ever online was 160 on Today, 08:18 AM

66 User(s) are reading this topic (56 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

hahah that's kinda funny.

I reset that stat this morning, it used to be 300+ but that was when someone DOS'd us... and I was curious to see how many people came to see the announcement.

I just want to thank the people who didnt spread this around too much yesturday, as this news got leaked early somehow... cheers for not posting it everywhere :P

oops.... dat would be me. :confused: sorry 'bout that, ady. i actually got the info direct from the diamond previews online yesterday.

you guys can see a shot of all the characters together from series 16 if you head on over there, too. just sayin'..... :biggrin:

And with She-Hulk to go with my Wanda, I'm now the happiest Minimate fan alive right now. I don't even care about the parts reuse, it's Shulkie for cryin' out loud! A minimate I've waited for who knows how long now!

I'm not at all disappointed we didn't get Vision and Hawkeye. You know how often Phasing Vision is requested, and that needs the room for a varient. And Hawkeye's best possible partner to be packaged with? Baron Zemo, his fellow Thunderbolts leader. And if DST wants to focus on giving us as many well-known Avengers as possible, that means keeping villains low. So I fully expect all three of those characters to be featured together down the line, probably along with the likes of Wasp, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Hercules, Yellowjacket, Black Knight, Photon, heck, even Sersi or Moondragon might be possible now after this!

Now I'm going to start planning my all-time Avengers vs. JLA display. :biggrin:

I think I have to jump on the "possibly best wave ever" bandwagon.

I'm really impressed with how well the AA crew was able to translate all of these new additions into Minimate form. :thumbsup:

Seeing these and knowing that some of those big characters like Hawkeye and Vision weren't in this wave just makes me more excited about when they do eventually make it to us. I thin it stands to reason that AA and DST don't want to make all of the most wanted figures in one wave or there might not be anyone left to anchor future waves.

Plus, you know there has to be someone out there who has been waiting patiently this whole time for a Wonderman.

Can't wait to add these to my collection.

My LCS manager expects these to fly off the shelves in less than fifteen minutes. That's his estimate. :blink:

Well, of COURSE this is the best wave ever! There's no debating that. This is truly amazing, how quickly AA and DST can get their groove together. But, remember, we still get to go through X3 and Ghost Rider, so these are pretty far away, time-wise.

As much as I love Loki, and I REALLY do, I am confused as to his involvement in this wave. Quicksilver a little too, but I know he was part of the Avengers for some time. Loki? If this were a Thor wave, complete with Absorbing Man, maybe Volstagg (*snicker*), and the Destroyer, etc then fine. If this were a Classic Avengers wave, with Gold Classic Iron Man, Ant-Man, the Wasp, and dare-I-say-it Kirby-Style Green Hulk then fine, as Loki was the first enemy the team faced. But Loki? :blink: Methinks Kang might've been a better choice, maybe. Not to whine or ***ch, honest. I am very content; just a little inquisitive. :)

Also, was Thunderstrike ever a part of the Avengers? He seems a logical variant bu again, seeing as this is and AVENGERS wave, kinda...

I just had an epiphany. This is AA/DST's product, and they can do whatever they very darn well please with it. They can include anyone they want in ANY wave. Sorry AA/DST for whining. :)

Loki seemed to be the most logical pairing for Thor(I mean come on, how much better than two arch-enemies, who just happen to be brothers, does it get?!?). As for Quicksilver, you can whine and cry all you want :P, but I don't care I'm finally gonna get one!

Also, I think an Ionic Wonder Man would make a much better variant for this Wave, but I always preffered Thor with a beard(I know, I know, it's Thunderstrike, but whatever, close enough!) over the regular version, so I'm happy there too!

Yaaahhh!! Thanks Ady for posting this and DST for making them. I'm a little disappointed that it's not Hawkeye and Vision, but I agree with some and think they would make a better summer exclusive :thumbsup: