UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Moviemates

Blues

I was thinking since the C3 line couldn't get enough interest with their Batman Begins line, do you think that we will ever see a series or two of them?

Here are my ideas for the line:

Batman: Batman/Joker

Batman Returns: Catwoman/Penguin

Batman Forever: Batman/Robin, Two-Face/Riddler

Variant: Batman/Jack Napiar

Batman & Robin: Batman/Mr. Freeze, Batgirl/Robin, Posion Ivy/Bane

Batman Begins: Batman/Scarecrow

Variant: Final Fight Batman/Robin

Superman: Superman/Lex Luthor, Lois Lane/Clark Kent

Superman II: Superman/Zodd, Ursa/Non

Variant: Superman/Lex Luthor (Superman Returns)

Same reason third series of LOTR mates were cancelled, lack of retailer demand. Of course not having them ready in due didn't help...

Don't think DC Direct will be able to do Movie Mates like DST, as Lego's Batman license reportedly includes all future Batman movies.

I'm all for DC Moviemates, but I want some TV goodness, too. Anyone who gets me some vintage 1966 Batman 'mates gets a reach-around.

Don't think DC Direct will be able to do Movie Mates like DST, as Lego's Batman license reportedly includes all future Batman movies.

I don't think this will keep DCD from offering block figures if they want. They've offered movie product to the specialty market before without infringing on Mattel. LEGO has the license for construction sets. The minifigs – as with C3 – are accessories. There's enough of a distinction for me. B)

That would be cool, especially the movie style batman (batmen?).

But don't you think they would more likely to be a superman returns set rather than just an variant.

In all likelihood it would fallout like this:

Superman Returns: Superman/Lex Luthor, Lois Lane/Clark Kent (likeness based off Returns)

Superman: Superman/Lex Luthor (likeness based of the original movie)

Variant: Superman/Lex Luthor (with no hair!)

I don't think this will keep DCD from offering block figures if they want. They've offered movie product to the specialty market before without infringing on Mattel. LEGO has the license for construction sets. The minifigs – as with C3 – are accessories. There's enough of a distinction for me. B)

Correct. DCD can pretty much do whatever they want, whenever they want. They kind of own the property... :D

As far as the LEGO license, as it was explained to me, they can pretty much make any character/environment that touches Batman. Justice League? Possible. Superman? Possible. Black Canary and Green Arrow? Possible. Spoiler? Dead, but possible. Shazam, Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, The Question - all possible.

Hope that helps.

That would be cool, especially the movie style batman (batmen?).

But don't you think they would more likely to be a superman returns set rather than just an variant.

In all likelihood it would fallout like this:

Superman Returns: Superman/Lex Luthor, Lois Lane/Clark Kent (likeness based off Returns)

Superman: Superman/Lex Luthor (likeness based of the original movie)

Variant: Superman/Lex Luthor (with no hair!)

I'd pay $100 for the Superman set you just described in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...