UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

When not to post

Hello everyone! Its your good buddy Shanester here!

The MMMV has been growing by leaps and bounds as of late and I've noticed that some posts have been going horribly off topic or being hijacked by conversations between folks that should really be kept to PMs.

The MMMV staff encourage posting your views, opinions, agreements, disagreements, news, jokes, etc. However, before you type out that lengthy post and add it to a thread, ask yourself; Am I positively adding to this discussion? Am I contributing to or benefiting the topic? Are the majority of other members going to be interested in my post or will it be viewed as pointless spam? Could my reply best be handled via PMs? Is this an insult or attack on another member?

Nobody likes spam.

This public service announcement brought to you by Powdered Toast.

Speaking of spam, I just got this through my account here:

Hey!

What's up? There's an awesome active roleplaying forum up. It's http://www.rpgnsider.com We have roleplaying, anime, video game talk- even an arcade with over 200 games. Don't forget to spread the word, I can't wait to see you there!

P.S: Staff positions are highly available!

Best Regards,

Craftess from http://www.rpgnsider.com

No idea who this member is, but that's not surprising since they have no history here (zero posts, no member number, not even a "date joined").

I'm hoping this doesn't continue. I get enough spam in my email as it is. I don't need it disguised as PMs from a board I – so far – have trusted.

Speaking of spam, I just got this through my account here:

Hey!

What's up? There's an awesome active roleplaying forum up. It's http://www.rpgnsider.com We have roleplaying, anime, video game talk- even an arcade with over 200 games. Don't forget to spread the word, I can't wait to see you there!

P.S: Staff positions are highly available!

Best Regards,

Craftess from http://www.rpgnsider.com

No idea who this member is, but that's not surprising since they have no history here (zero posts, no member number, not even a "date joined").

I'm hoping this doesn't continue. I get enough spam in my email as it is. I don't need it disguised as PMs from a board I – so far – have trusted.

Crap like this happens every so often, Im sorry, the reson that member has no profile is because I already deleted them, sadly I cant remove PMs from the system though

Hello everyone! Its your good buddy Shanester here!

The MMMV has been growing by leaps and bounds as of late and I've noticed that some posts have been going horribly off topic or being hijacked by conversations between folks that should really be kept to PMs.

The MMMV staff encourage posting your views, opinions, agreements, disagreements, news, jokes, etc. However, before you type out that lengthy post and add it to a thread, ask yourself; Am I positively adding to this discussion? Am I contributing to or benefiting the topic? Are the majority of other members going to be interested in my post or will it be viewed as pointless spam? Could my reply best be handled via PMs? Is this an insult or attack on another member?

Nobody likes spam.

This public service announcement brought to you by Powdered Toast.

Quoted for bumpage.

I agree and it kinda reminds me of this one time when my pet monkey run away from me to eat a can of spam behind the outhouse, he sat there all day and munched that spam until the can of spam was empty. He came back home later that night and threw the empty can at my head which resulted in me being knocked out and being rushed to hospital. Apparently while i was on the way to hospital the ambulance driver got a phone call telling him that his wife had just shot the dog by accident, that ambulance driver wasn't pleased and shouted and cried all the way to the hospital where he crashed the ambulance into a wall with the end result being me flying out through the windscreen still strapped down to the stretcher where i rolled down the corridor until i reached the accident & emergency department. Now i don't know if this is true or not but i would bet my bottom dollar that it is true because that's just one of the crazy things that happens in my life...

That's how you don't go off topic :P:P