UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Its time to vote for minimates!

Micheal W Crawford is doing his annual People's Pick Awards for 2006, where users vote in multiple categories for the best and worst toys of the year and what toys they are looking forward to in 2007. You can even win some awesome prizes just for voting. There is a section for Best Block Figures that could definitely use some minimate love sent its way. Here is the link:

http://www.mwctoys.com/FEATURE_120806.htm

I gotta vote for Galactic Heroes this year guys. In all honesty, I haven't seen really anything this year (beyond the John Stewart GL) minimate related that I HAD to have. The 'mates I bought (SF2 4 packs) I bought just to buy some new 'mates.

Galactic Heroes have been pumping out figure after figure and now they're releasing multi-packs which look incredible. Yes, they are just pvc's, but they're pretty nice little pvc's and the variety of characters they've released is impressive IMO.

They win my vote.

I gotta vote for Galactic Heroes this year guys. In all honesty, I haven't seen really anything this year (beyond the John Stewart GL) minimate related that I HAD to have. The 'mates I bought (SF2 4 packs) I bought just to buy some new 'mates.

Galactic Heroes have been pumping out figure after figure and now they're releasing multi-packs which look incredible. Yes, they are just pvc's, but they're pretty nice little pvc's and the variety of characters they've released is impressive IMO.

They win my vote.

I kinda agree, we havent had much this yr but I'm going to vote minimate anyways!

Mr Reideen you whould vote twice once for Galactic Heroes and once for MiniMates . :)

T.

I didn't really look at it in terms of quantity of characters or product. I just think minimates are better than any of the others on the ballot. If NO minimates were made this year, I'd vote for a different product. I don't think it would be the Galactic Heroes, though. My son loves'em, but I think they're silly. However, I need a Darth Vader if anyone has extras! :unsure:

I know who I put as worst company... and I,too, voted Minimate!

I write them in as worst company, worst sculptor, worst packaging, etc - in as many categories as possible. I figure it's gotta offset their attempts at rigging the polls with their spam campaigns to generate votes. :lol:

And Timbo - I did 'forget' to submit my email addy the first time I voted, so I guess I could vote again... :D

Shanester Posted Yesterday, 03:12 PM

I didn't really look at it in terms of quantity of characters or product. I just think minimates are better than any of the others on the ballot. If NO minimates were made this year, I'd vote for a different product. I don't think it would be the Galactic Heroes, though. My son loves'em, but I think they're silly. However, I need a Darth Vader if anyone has extras!

i saw those galactic heroe style marvel characters at TRU just thought id let some people know :D

• 2 weeks later...
Shanester Posted a few days ago

I didn't really look at it in terms of quantity of characters or product. I just think minimates are better than any of the others on the ballot. If NO minimates were made this year, I'd vote for a different product. I don't think it would be the Galactic Heroes, though. My son loves'em, but I think they're silly. However, I need a Darth Vader if anyone has extras!

Do you still need a Darth Vader? Will a keychain one work? (You can pull the screw out of his head...) LMK - I might be able to hook you up.

i saw those galactic heroe style marvel characters at TRU just thought id let some people know :D

Found all of them at Walmart last night. They look great! I was really suprised. I'm waiting to pick them up though - 8 2packs @ $6.00 each = more than I want to spend on them at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Michael has posted both the fan results as well as his own personal picks.

Fan results

Michael's picks

For those who don't want to read the entire article (SHAME ON YOU! Go read the article!) Minimates took 2nd place for mini-figure in Michael's pics (Mez-its took 1st) and 1st in the fan voting.

Shocker took worst company of the year in both Michael and the fan's picks. :D

Shocker took worst company of the year in both Michael and the fan's picks. :D

Utterly ridiculous. How could they possibly have been voted worst line when they had that incredibly cool Toxic Avenger "sculpted by a blind 5 year old" variant with bubblegum on a stick accessory? I tell you, there is no justice in the world. :teehee: