UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dexter Series Finale

Hawkeye's Junk

Don't read if you haven't watched it yet.....

I wanted to see what some of the thoughts were on Dexter's finale. I'm not one to really tear apart finales. I actually like the Sopranos finale so if that helps with perspective. I was very underwhelmed with Dexter's finale. I thought the writers made some poor decisions by have Deb's death off-screen. I did not like how quickly Dexter on a whim decides he doesn't want to kill anymore. I liked Dexter taking Deb out to water to place her as his last victim. However, I don't know if u just toss a loved in the water with out weights when she could've had an honorable police funeral. I did make a joke about Dex heading out to the Hurricane in his boat to my wife as a goofy ending so I was a little taken out of that scene. Also, with this series taking place over 5-7 yrs this was the first mention of a hurricane or a scene with a hurricane as the back drop that I can recall. A little too convenient. Another annoyance was the fact that Hannah did nothing to hide her appearance and was totally sticking out in her designer dresses.

Overall, I thought the last season was pretty solid but the finale seemed out of place and disjointed.

Quinn realizing Dexter was holding back all this time after the kill on camera. That was good nod

Brain Surgeon killer's smugness and creepy eyes

Harry's disappearance for the last episode

Elway not succeeding in capturing Hannah

Dislikes:

Deb's offscreen death

Lumberjack Dexter

Dumping of Deb's body in the ocean

Dexter killing the brain surgeon on video

Hurricane as the crutch

Dexter's parenting skills

No mention of Rita

I'm looking to see what others are thinking about this episode or season. More importantly, I'm really looking forward to the Breaking Bad finale this weekend.

I have not watched it, but everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) I've heard has been negative. It seems like there are two kinds of opinions: people that, like you, still liked the show but didn't like the ending, and people that had turned against the show and are just burying the ending. Me, I gave up on Dexter after the second season, which I thought was good enough, but not really enough to make me want to keep watching. I saw a few episodes of the third season, and that was it. I almost went back to watch the Lithgow season, but never got around to it. I have to admit, I am curious about the finale. Can it really be this bad? I might just have to give it a watch.

Dexter's Lithgow season was one of the best. My least favorites are the second season (lyla), Doomsday killer, Johnny lee Miller seasons. The Johnny Lee Miller season almost made me quit the show entirely. I saw rumors of a spin off. No clue on who that would be. Maybe Michael C Hall said he would come back someday if they got rid of his ex wife.

Dexter tailed off way before this season but it was still....... for me....great. I can honestly say that the theme music alone made it so.

They never really ended it for my liking but hey how can they keep everyone happy ?

I waited until I'd seen the show (last night here in the UK) & have deliberated since seeing it about whether I should share something with 'you' . I decided that it would be right to do so.....it was after all a long time ago in Rob's real life.........

I watched as my own sister lay in a living-death & until you've been in that situation (& I hope to God you never will be) you'll not know why Dexter did what he did .

It was a sad but special TV moment which wasn't lost on me .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Sorry to hear that Rob. I appreciate you sharing and hopefully I will not have to experience that heartache.

Keep in mind I was looking at this episode from an entertainment standpoint. From that perspective, I get why Dexter mercy killed Deb 100% and it had my wife in tears so it did cause an emotional reaction.. My main nitpick was dumping her in the ocean. That is what bothered me.

On a different note, Breaking Bad finale A+