UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Do people collect 7 or 8 minimates per set?

Frizzo

Hello,

I'm new to collecting minimates (loose) (started about a year ago). I'm nearly complete with my Marvel Minimates collection and am just missing about 15 of them. I've been collecting 8 per set (includes the duplicate), but I ran into a problem with displaying them on my cab. I did find a solution for this, but it would require me to get rid of the duplicates and line the minimates in sets of 7.

I was wondering what others collect? I can display a picture of how they look later tonight when I get off work and maybe you could could suggest that I keep my setup as is or try the 7 minimates per set to fit more on my cabs.

Edited by Frizzo

I've got 7 for the pre-army builder waves and 8 for post-army builders. A few of the army builders can be displayed different ways so I take advantage of that when possible. (Hydra agent, Shield agent, etc)

Of course there are TRU waves, some have 4 exclusive minimates, some have 2 (earlier waves) and some have 8, then you've got box sets which usually come in 4 so if you've got 2 together it makes an even 8.

I think 8 is the way to go which is why I'm stoked for Luke's 8 figure stands (see the thread in the "max blanks and other minimates" forum)

I actually collect more than the 8 if i like the army builder. I've got several of the Sentinels, Hell Fire Goons, Madrox's and AIM agents. But some of the other Army builders i only keep 1 of.

I guess it depends how you want to display them. If you want to show them in waves, 7 is probably fine. If you want to create something more like an action diorama - you might want extras of the army builders.

If you have found that you have too many army builders and need to get rid of some, Nessex Removals can offer a speedy and inexpensive was to remove them from your collection :P

Mine are organized in many pockets of various sizes across 5 "small parts" tool boxes... (The kind one might store nuts and bolts in normally)...

Displaying them would be nice... I simply don't know where I'd do it.

I keep the extra parts/accessories in their own chest, along with the army builders. There was once a time... I could pick up any individual body part and know exactly which minimate it came from. That time has long since past... I sometimes wonder if I wanted to go back and sort all these parts to their individual minimates of origin, if I could actually accomplish that task, through lots of time and patience and visits to minimatedatabase... but I feel like there are probably a small array of solid black loose hands and feet that would inevitably be my undoing...