UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

smackman

I've been a marvel minimate collector since the very beginning and I pride(/shame) myself on having every single one of them and have kept up with them without fail. I've been buying them from AFX ever since I stopped buying them from my local comic shop, which has been more than 4 years now. For some reason the past few waves and a few of the more recent box sets have yet to be shipped to me. This usually isn't a problem, but I know for a fact that these have been released for some time now. The most recent examples are the worthy and mighty boxed sets, the best of wave 1, the best of wave 2, and the strange tales box set. Has anyone else noticed that they are pretty behind on their stock? In any case, I'm thinking of cancelling all of my preorders and buying from someone else. Where do you guys buy from that is pretty reliable?

Did you order all of those items together? If so, the Strange Tales boxset hasn't been released yet, so that might be holding up the shipping of all of the other items if you ordered them all together.

Other than the fact that they usually get their exclusives sooner than other retailers, I can't think of any other advantages of ordering directly from AFX.

Luke gets all my Custom case orders, and sometimes I use Amazon for odds and ends since I get free 2-Day shipping and don't have to pay any tax.

I'd contact AFX customer support. Its been my experience that they are quick to solve issues and keep a happy customer. There might be a real glitch holding things up.

I'm still waiting for my case of 'Bring on the Bad Guys' & Wave 25 custom cases pre-ordered from AFX, 4 years ago.

AFX are still waiting for any subsequent order from me .

EDIT : I believe AFX order directly from China perhaps there is a genuine shipping problem .

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 2 weeks later...

I cancelled all my preorders with AFX and decided to go with Luke's Toy store instead, as he seems pretty good on prices.

Did you ever get any answers from AFX as to why your orders weren't shipping?

I tried numerous times to get through to them over the phone, but to no avail. I decided to just send them an email telling them to cancel all of my orders, so they sent me conformation emails for each of my cancelled orders.