UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Con 34

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Brian your entry is amazing! I love your take on Crystar. I considered making both Dargon and Adam Power last year, so I was really happy to see that you made them. You absolutely knocked them out of the park. :)

Luke, as usual, you've outdone yourself. That Rankorr looks great, and Slush is amazing! Is he hard resin with a body inside, or did you figure out some crazy way to keep the resin soft and gelatinous?

I sculpted the outer "shell" out of super sculpey, then made a rubber mold of it. I suspended the Slush custom inside the mold by gluing wires to his feet. I poured the translucent green resin around him, and removed the wires after it cured.

Thanks, and my apologies for "borrowing" your idea, Luke. whistling.gif

When I saw your 80s characters last time, a flood of happy childhood memories came rushing back to me and I just couldn't resist taking a crack at them for myself! Lion-O was very happy to have some of his old drinking buddies to hang out with! laugh.png

Thanks guys!

Brian your entry is amazing! I love your take on Crystar. I considered making both Dargon and Adam Power last year, so I was really happy to see that you made them. You absolutely knocked them out of the park. smile.png

Luke, as usual, you've outdone yourself. That Rankorr looks great, and Slush is amazing! Is he hard resin with a body inside, or did you figure out some crazy way to keep the resin soft and gelatinous?

I sculpted the outer "shell" out of super sculpey, then made a rubber mold of it. I suspended the Slush custom inside the mold by gluing wires to his feet. I poured the translucent green resin around him, and removed the wires after it cured.

Thanks for sharing this technique Luke... very cool stuff, it amazes me how much work gets put into customizing these little fellas...I love the sculpted heads you've done... I should have commisioned a Dyno-Mutt from you while I had the chance, to go along with me Blue Falcon...

More Silverhawks are definitely needed!!! Its hard to capture how cool these chromed parts look in photos, its an absolute mirror finish... And Lobsterman, care to explain how you've done his mask/helmet?

Both sets are amazing. Someone please send these to DC and to Icon Heroes respectively.

LM. Growing up in a small town we only had a couple of stores and only one with any toys. Crystar was one of the few action figure sets it actually carried. So that beauty had tons of memories rushing back, thank you for that. And while i never collected Sectaurs that thing is bea-utiful.

Niiiiiice work. That chromed up Quicksilver is bringing back all kinds of fond memories.<br /><br />Luke - that resin effect is great. I'd love to see a Chemo done with that technique.

I love me some Custom Con stuff. Minimates are so well represented most times. I dont know most of those 80's figures as they never really made it to the UK. I do remember an advert in some comics for the Powerlord figures I think they spun round and changed or something.