UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Arrow is Awesome!

DSTZach

Monkeycrumb is never going to talk to us again.

Seriously, I'm not saying it's a GREAT show. It's a CW show, but it's borrowing liberally from Lost and Batman Begins, and as a sculptor I know always says, "steal from the best."

I had one of DST's Kindle Fires for a while, and I downloaded the CW app. Not sure how far back it went, but I could watch the previous week's episode on that, it was pretty cool.

Wish I could say "just jump in!" but the flashbacks are pretty much chronological from ep to ep, and all of the characters are learning new stuff as they go. Still, it's a CW show. You can probably pick it all up from the "previously on" and the opening credits.

Monkeycrumb is never going to talk to us again.

Seriously, I'm not saying it's a GREAT show. It's a CW show, but it's borrowing liberally from Lost and Batman Begins, and as a sculptor I know always says, "steal from the best."

I had one of DST's Kindle Fires for a while, and I downloaded the CW app. Not sure how far back it went, but I could watch the previous week's episode on that, it was pretty cool.

Wish I could say "just jump in!" but the flashbacks are pretty much chronological from ep to ep, and all of the characters are learning new stuff as they go. Still, it's a CW show. You can probably pick it all up from the "previously on" and the opening credits.

Ha! No, I wouldn't stop talking to you guys even for not liking a show you recommend! I actually do plan to check it out now, but being CW I will adjust my expectations accordingly! Honestly, it's the guest stars that makes me willing to watch more than anything - Callis, Barrowman, Browder, etc. Plus, hearing that it has fans among the people who already have good taste (minimates!) tells me it can't be *that* bad :)

Donny, I am aware of Hulu, but it's not a regular thing for me, I might check it out a few times per year :) There is just literally SO MUCH stuff available to watch, read and play!

Between DST and a cheap Amazon sale, I felt compelled to buy the Blu Ray Universal Monsters 8-movie set. I have never actually watched these films before, and has caused me to consume as many monster films from Netflix that I can! Plus, I'm still trying to get through Supernatural, Fringe, Grimm, the last few seasons of Dexter, and so on. Add to that I'd hooked on the Blu Ray Star Trek TNG restorations, so my tv watching time is limited. Not to mention *for some unknown reason* I felt compelled to rewatch Aliens recently....

Sorry to ramble again. I'll get to it eventually, which is a huge step up from my original plan to ignore it entirely :)

But the main point I wanted to get across is that TV viewing habits are no longer linear. Which is why we go to DST at odd & random times asking for properties that have been off the air for a long time, people are still watching them.

I don`t watch much tv anymore but Arrow has been the 1 show that I actually take the time out of my night to watch every week. I loved Justin Hartley as Green Arrow in Smallville but Stephen Amell is just as good. I really do think DC makes wonderful shows and I think it would be interesting if Justice League was a TV show. YES, I know there was an already God awful attempt at that and Wonder Woman failed, but DC learnt there lesson. They could become what the Avengers did for movies on the TV. They already have been trying and failing with a JLA movie so a show could be just what DC needs..

• 2 weeks later...

Arrow is a good show. John Barrowman is great,crazy he's 45 in real life.

Id like to see the city get behind The Hood,can they at least start calling him arrow instead of vigilante, and maybe men in the city all grow blonde goatees to look like arrow and Ollie uses that as a cover.

Best case scenario,they go 2 seasons and a TV movie and then a bigger network takes the show over.and by this time we'll see more dc universe and characters. Or maybe CW puts some serious cash up. Id love to see the show become bigger than what CW currently offers in terms of production.