UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Nightwing The Series

undeadpool

so yesterday Ismahawk put this new campaign up on kickstarter pairing with MG studios to do a Nightwing fan series!!

if you've heard of Ismahawk then you have probably seen the nightwing fan video they recently put together (which was nowhere near perfect, but a HUGE step in the right direction). This new 3 part series is going to be incredible and high quality if this thing reaches its goal, just thought id do a little promotion for this awesome cause :D

Kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/451006238/nightwing-the-series

Nightwing Trailer

Original fan video

But they're still raising funds based on copyrighted characters; not a profit but it's money to make a non-DC series based on DC's work. The jargon may make it a little tricky and there's a slight chance it's legal because copyright law is so dense and vaguely phrased, but if DC gets wind of this they're gonna be pissed.

I think it works like youtube:You can use figures of copyrighted characters (or pretend to be the character like in a live action movie) and make a movie and be paid for it but you can't upload a music video made by jlo and get paid because this is a violation of the rights.I suppose it's something like that.

Edited by Kostisfire

The reason YouTube works that way is because the copyright holder does not seek enforcement of the copyright, mostly because it's just not worth it. No sense in running up a legal bill and pissing off your fans.

They released the previous video in yt so i suppose they will do the same thing for this one.Either way it is a grey area concerning copyrights and all.