UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MEGASTORM!

hellpop

What!?!? I'm in Philly and nothings closing. I have to work Sunday and Monday...

Hey SuperChefMate, I work down near the airport, at Boeing, and they shut down operations at noon yesterday, got to call a hotline tomorrow to see if we are still closed.

... and now they've been calling it "Franken-storm" which seems appropriate for the season :biggrin:

Edited by Nervous

My office was kind enough to remind everyone that we don't close under any circumstance, so that's cool.

You must love your job, Sham. Do you mind if I imagine that you work for Hank Scorpio?

Yep, no work or school for us today. We've got our hatches battened down, so we should be good, unless things get really bad.

You must love your job, Sham. Do you mind if I imagine that you work for Hank Scorpio?

I do actually. They eventually sent us home because they got concerned....for the computers.

And I work in collections, so everyone tends to think I work for someone like Hank Scorpio.

Kids had no school today due to the storm. We lost power a little over 2 hours ago, but other than that everything's fine. No trees close enough to the house to fall and hit it. My neighbor did have a tree snap in half and another friend of mine about a mile down the road had a tree fall on her house and the impact caused the water pipes in her basement to burst.

Hope everyone else is OK.

Fine so far, it sounds like the storm is going to be worse here around Philly overnight, so hopefully we can sleep through it. My biggest worry is that we've got a giant old tree right next to our house, but I think it's pretty sturdy. Power's still up, internet's still working, so hopefully I can get caught up on Fringe and Homeland.

My power went off at about 9:30 last night, and just came back on a few minutes ago. Other then the power outage, we made it through just fine. Hope everybody else has had similar good fortune.

Edited by hellpop