UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MEGASTORM!

hellpop

Lost power for about 20 hours, came on for a minute, then went out for another hour. Didn't get hit bad. My parents lost a good part of there roof and there's leaking in the house, but no one was hurt. Hope everyone else is okay and recovers well.

My Co-workers brother-in-law was on the Australian news last night as a sort of a correspondent. He was trapped in NY when the storm hit, but was lucky enough to make it to a secure building.

Some of the photo's they've been showing on the news here are incredible. My thoughts are with all you folk stuck in the middle of it.

Heard that power is slowly coming back on for Lower Manhattan right now.

Question for those in NYC - Got a business trip planned to go to NYC in two weeks (office is in midtown). The next storm, a Nor'easter, hits next Wed or Thurs. Are conditions such that I should reschedule my trip or has life been returning to normal? I'm probably going to wait to book my flight until the last minute. I'm really just curious if New Yorkers have shrugged Sandy off with typical NYC swagger, or if the idea of traveling to NYC is preposterous given the state of things on the ground?

Heard that power is slowly coming back on for Lower Manhattan right now.

Question for those in NYC - Got a business trip planned to go to NYC in two weeks (office is in midtown). The next storm, a Nor'easter, hits next Wed or Thurs. Are conditions such that I should reschedule my trip or has life been returning to normal? I'm probably going to wait to book my flight until the last minute. I'm really just curious if New Yorkers have shrugged Sandy off with typical NYC swagger, or if the idea of traveling to NYC is preposterous given the state of things on the ground?

I'm not in New York, but from what I hear, I'd stay away if possible. It's going to be a while before NYC returns to normal, though I suppose functional is possible.

BTW, our power finally came back on about two hours ago. It's been a long week....