UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ipod/MP3 Players etc...

TBT!

but how about one of these? (i had one about 5 years ago...)

creative_jukebox_c.gif

Three words. (In the voice of comic book guy from The Simpsons)

Best...

MP3 players...

Ever!!!

Or at least in my opinion they are :P See post #21

This brings up another point. How do you guys feel about "file-sharing"? I used to get some music off Kazaa, but not much, and not anymore.

I'm all for file sharing. Although it has to be said that if i D/L an album and i like then i will generally as a rule go out and buy it. For example the last Ihsahn album, got hold of it, had a listen and then the next day i went out and bought it. I only really D/L stuff for a preview of the album unless it's rare, hard to find stuff...

If you would have asked me a week ago I would say get an iPod. HOWEVER, as a person who runs Windows I would say stay away from the iPod and go Zune. Not that I think the Zune is better, but it's just easier. Friday night I had a new download for iTunes. So, after it updated, it made me "Sync" my iPod and it erased everything that I had on the iPod and then updated it with my current library. That wasn't too bad, it took about 20 minutes because I had over 1000 songs on it (and was only really wanted to add 50). However, once it was complete they were TOTALLY UNACCESSABLE. I couldn't play them from iTunes or edit the tags. Even worse, I normally stream my iPod through iTunes so I can listen to music at work. So, this morning I plug in my iPod and I still have no access to any of my music or shows. Then, just to make things worse, it brings up an option to sync. Since nothing was working I thought, "maybe it needs to sync with this computer in order to be played." So, I checked yes, and it erased all 1000 of my songs and all of my videos. Now I have nothing on my iPod and I still can't play it on my computer. Right now, if I had an extra $300 bucks in my pocket, I would take a hammer and smash the $#%* out of this piece of crap............

Sorry for the emotional outburst. Please get a Zune, Thank you :). neo

A hard drive on a mobile device is just asking for heartache.

Like a laptop.....

I don't think it's a trend here, rather than a preference.

I do a lot of computer work on Macs and I find my iPod ccomes in quite handy. I have an OS loaded onto it so I can boot crashed hard drives from the firewire cable if need be to run diagnostics. ALSO, it has a lot of room on a relatively small mp3 player. It uses the super small toshiba drives which are smaller than the drives used in laptops. My bro has a creative zen it's a friggin brick! It's not that big of a difference in size, but when putting it in your pocket it shows.

Video is cool on an iPod. I fly/travel a lot, I watch the video. I'd rather watch it on my PSP but too many gadgets can be annoying.

I'd wait until first quarter of 07 when the new sideways 3" x 5" screen iPod's are supposed to be released, TBT. You might dig that one if you can wait it out.

Oh.... and I loaded linux onto my ipod. Pretty fun.

Okay, if you're looking for the simpler MP3 players -- just got my First Born a Samsung YP-U2J and I'm quite satisified with it. Solid state, 1GB memory, can use Windows to drag-n-drop, will carry data files.

Not a gee-whiz machine, but it suits my needs just fine. A compact (it's the size of a jump drive) music player that doubles as an emergency jump drive.

It uses Media Player to sync with internet databases and such if you want, and can download from several MP3 subscription services.

Timbo, if you're still reading this thread, I think you'll be happy with this critter. Until you're ready to plunge into the over-the-top beasts. $50 - $60 on eBay.