UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Legos!

Jeff

Those are really nice. I love the shell, and I hope they'll be relatively compatable with Minimates. I doubt it, because the size difference between Lego and 'mates is so great, but the torso pieces aren't that different. I made Turtle customs last year, and the one thing I felt was really missing was the shell.

Oh man, I REALLY like these! I'm not buying the Lord of the Rings stuff 'cos I've got the minimates, which are EPIC,

but these li'l dudes are AWESOOOoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooome! And Radical. And bodacious. CowaBUNGAAAAaaaAAAaaaAAAaaaAAA!

I'm wondering just how big the heads are in comparison. Lego heads do fit on the minimate neck peg (just tried it)- and since the turtles have smaller shaped heads in comparison to the rest of their body, I think it could work to make TMNT mates. Matching the color would be the tricky part.

And I officially nominate Dreadnok Rocksteady as the most enthusiastic on this forum. :lol:

And I officially nominate Dreadnok Rocksteady as the most enthusiastic on this forum. :lol:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Cheers dude, I'm honoured! There are few things in the world that make me happier than new toys!

I just watched the first 3 episodes of the new Ninja Turtles series and IT ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKS! I absolutely love it! There's great

witty banter dialogue, wicked fight scenes, great character design and honestly laugh out loud comedy! In my humble opinion, this could

be the best ninja turtles tv series. I love the original for its' nostalgic classic feel, the early 2000 series was fantastic in it's

adherence to the original comics, but this new series is just SO MUCH FUN! I cried with laughter when Mikey tried that first slice of pizza!

I don't buy Lego. I like it, a lot, but it's just so expensive. The set revealed at NYCC had a price of 60 bucks, which will likely be £60 when it is released in the UK. And for that I won't even have all 4 Turtles!

The LOTR stuff looks great too, but to get the Fellowship I'll need to spend about £150 or something ridiculous. I understand why they package the sets the way they do, but I do wish that they had the licensed figures in blind packs, or that you could buy a 10 figure pack or something.

I don't buy Lego. I like it, a lot, but it's just so expensive. The set revealed at NYCC had a price of 60 bucks, which will likely be £60 when it is released in the UK. And for that I won't even have all 4 Turtles!

The LOTR stuff looks great too, but to get the Fellowship I'll need to spend about £150 or something ridiculous. I understand why they package the sets the way they do, but I do wish that they had the licensed figures in blind packs, or that you could buy a 10 figure pack or something.

Dude, I totally second that. I want the minifigures, and am far less interested in the building sets. Blind bagged Ninja Turtles? I would buy a whole box!

Dude, I totally second that. I want the minifigures, and am far less interested in the building sets. Blind bagged Ninja Turtles? I would buy a whole box!

Pretty much how I feel. I liked how the Ninjago line would include the mini figs in spinner sets, which sadly isn't going to feature in the final 2013 wave.

Still, as a life-long TMNT fan I will probably get the cheapest sets possible to get the mini figs. I may sell the other figs in the set to try and make up some of the money. It's also worth pointing out Amazon seems to cut the cost on the Jan/March wave sets in the second half of the year so it may be worth waiting till then.

Lego sets do end up at closeout stores (TJ Maxx, Marshalls and the like), and you can usually score good deals on things like Star Trek, Harry Potter and Batman sets. Well, relatively good deals; they're still pretty expensive. That's also probably why they drop on Amazon. I'd suggest, if you can hold out that long, waiting a few months to see if you can score those sets down the road for a good price. And I at least can pledge to keep an eye out for my Euro brothers.:biggrin: