UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

British.......

Too bad they got the wrong Bond... >.>

Music to set the mood!

EDIT: Do the [media] tags not work any more? 0-o

Why was he the "wrong bond"? I actually read somewhere that Daniel Craig is closer to how Ian Flemming pictured Bond than any other actor has portrayed him.

As for the Olympics, the opening was good but is it over yet...?! I'm getting bloody sick of HEARING about it every five minutes!

I have just finished watching a great day of sport and I'm not a sport orientated person. I have family staying as its school holidays so there is ppl from 4 months to me at 41 here at the moment and we where all jumping around, what a great day. High light for me was the cycling that womans trio set a new world record 6 times in a row.

Right now just relaxing or trying too.

I have just finished watching a great day of sport and I'm not a sport orientated person. I have family staying as its school holidays so there is ppl from 4 months to me at 41 here at the moment and we where all jumping around, what a great day. High light for me was the cycling that womans trio set a new world record 6 times in a row.

Right now just relaxing or trying too.

Glad you're enjoying it. I, like you, was with family, and we were all jumping and screaming like loons!

I'm actually impressed how well the Greatness that is Britain is doing, with only China and the USA with more medals. Take away the all conquering US swim team and we'd be beating them too :)

I also had an amusing conversation with a guy at work this week who during the opening ceremony heard and I quote "Britain ripping off 'My Country, 'Tis of Thee' with different words..." and was kind of embarrassed when I pointed out that 'God save the Queen/King' had been around since way before the US even existed! ;)

T.

I'm no Murray fan, but congrats to the GB! I'm still very sad about Federer, though. He looked terrible. Watching online from NBC's website is odd with no commentary... :confused:

But I'm pulling for the GB in mixed doubles that just started. Hope Muray is all rested and focused!

• 2 weeks later...

So I was thinking about the Olympics next time in Rio, right? Here's a question. Rio is south of the equator. They're in winter right now. So next time, if it's the Summer Olympics, will they hold them in July or December?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Rio is the 2016 Summer Games and will be held during August of that year. I think it'll be the third time games have been south of the equator- both previous times in Australia the games were held during their spring time/our autumn. The 2014 Winter Games will be in Sochi, Russia, during February.