UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Possession of Rarities

Alpheon

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dare I ask how/where you snagged that?? Prototypes and the 03 blanks are my current grails...along with the gold and silver spideys of course lol..nice find Lurch!!

Jeff of the Minis

LOL I wondered how long it would be before someone asked that...

You dont really think he's going to answer that do you? - proto's aren't supposed to be available to the public so generally no one admits publically how they leaked out ;)

Besides if he tells you then that's no longer his secret source and his odds of picking up future items diminish because others know to look there too.

T.

I get most of my hard to find items from Tim's collection when his back is turned.

I've never been much into tracking down prototypes. Their nature alone suggests that there is only one in existence, significantly reducing my chances of getting one. If I can't score one of the 50 or so gold and silver Spideys in the world, what chance do I have of getting the only Bilbo Baggins?

If I can't score one of the 50 or so gold and silver Spideys in the world, what chance do I have of getting the only Bilbo Baggins?

[gollum voice]Have patience, my precious...[/gollum voice] But I know what you mean. Prototypes don't show up that often and when they do, at least when they're on eBay, they go for a pretty penny.

Dare I ask how/where you snagged that?? Prototypes and the 03 blanks are my current grails...along with the gold and silver spideys of course lol..nice find Lurch!!

Jeff of the Minis

LOL I wondered how long it would be before someone asked that...

You dont really think he's going to answer that do you? - proto's aren't supposed to be available to the public so generally no one admits publically how they leaked out ;)

Besides if he tells you then that's no longer his secret source and his odds of picking up future items diminish because others know to look there too.

T.

I had to ask....I love prototypes, especialy of ones that didnt make it to production...and I love hearing how they end up in our hands :)

Jeff of the Minis

Well I get to add Croms open Gold Spidey to my list thanks to a very nice gift from my mom....and on top of that I also am getting the prototype Ice Scorpion box that Jaycen had up on Ebay.....made the deal on the box at the start of the week never imagining that the end of the week would also bring another rarity :D a very good mini-week for my collection!

Jeff of the Mins

Do prototypes exist for the Alfred and Lex Luthor figures from the C3 line? I'd really like to get a hold if these if they exist.

We've seen the pics so someone must have them. As Timbo said, prototypes generally aren't available to the public so getting these would be almost impossible. Plus, releasing prototypes for figures that didn't make it to mass production would probably violate several licensing clauses and I doubt DST wants to jeopardize it's relationship with DCD.