UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Custom Template Help?

b00sted

BTW if this is not allowed or in wrong section feel free to delete or move it to where it needs to be ;)

Today I was able to pick up one of the toy story Imaginext Tri-County Landfill sets for 20$ shipped from TRU ebay for my son's collection. really want to convert it over to the Ace/Axis Chemical Plant ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Chemicals ) for him since I pretty much got him every batman set in existence. My problem is I have tried about 10 times now and I pretty much have no photoshop skill. any chance any of you guru's want to help me out and make me and my sons day and make two labels to replace the ones u see in the pic?

TS3.png

How can you say no to a face like this? lol

576720_653246372519_1701307025_n.jpg

Edited by b00sted

that would be super helpful wouldn't it? I do not as I just ordered it today. as soon as I have the item in hand I can take some exact measurements though :)

Not a problem. Let me see what I can do. The great thing about working in vector shapes is they can be made massive and change size to anything greater or smaller with not loss of quality. Trying to find a reference at this point. If you've got a specific look you want as reference let me know.

really looking to keep the "kid" feel to it, was thinking on the toy story one having that be the Chem Plant logo. and on the one that says tri-Conunty landfill having that say caution hazardous materiel or something like that.

OMG u have some skill.. I saw the first one ant thought that is perfect now I see the second one.. now I dunno what one I like more lol..

OK this may end up looking down right god damn awful but here is my artistic thoughts lol.. I am really digging the second one but the black and white really dont fit the color scheme. On the stock sticker you know how it has the starbust orange yellow background is that something you can mimic? I think that would look awesome with that logo with green text maybe?

AceMock1.png

Thanks. Myself I like the first one more, but that's probably because I spent a loooooooooot of time playing Arkham City.

EDIT: Yeah, the black and white was just meant as test colors, none of that needs to be permanent. I can try something along the lines of a color burst there. Hang on, I'll be right back.

Edited by The Geohound

Awesome, thanks for all the work you put into this and I will let you know how it turns out and what I end up going with. atm I only have transparent sticker sheets so I got to look into what best to use to replace the stickers on the toy as well for long time use. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could of found better sticker sheets and had a better printer but.. here is what I got. :)

I am still pretty pleased with it.

thanks for all the help!

256594_465152313495738_605836330_o.jpg

I just found that set at Kmart for $45. Even though they're currently having a BOGO half off sale on ImagiNext (that Oan Playset is tempting!), I think I'll wait 'til it goes on clearance. I'd want to make a raindy day project out of it and filthy it up. B)

Anyway, I'm sure your son will appreciate the details someday. Always nice to see younger bat-fans out there and I'm glad there's age-appropriate product to help nurture the interest.

Actually, now there's a "Gotham City" w/ Bruce Wayne set over at TRU, and an Arkham Assylum w/ Bane I've seen at Target. Lordy, this is an expensive collection. And my youngest, upon seeing customs on this board, now wants me to make him some more bad guys for them. He already turned over his older, has most of his face paint rubbed off Superman and asked I make him a Bizzaro. And he keeps eyeing some of these Imaginext mech suits and saying something about Luthor or Brainiac. If he see this, I'll have no end of trouble.

But it looks really, really cool.:thumbsup: