UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

First X-Men. Okay, seriously.

Lobsterman

I agree with the masses on this on paper this looks like it sucks badly as an idea.

I have never been the worlds biggest fan and at the moment he it seems to be in every super team in the marvel universe (except the FF) same with Spidey.

To be honest this house of mouse hardsell is getting a little on my nerves comics wise.

Didn't wolverine come to earth from another planet that was dying, and was first raised on earth by a kind older couple from Kansas?

Alberta. He is still Canadian... we think. As the One-Above-All, I'm sure the arguement could be made that Wolverine is a citizen of all nations.

And we keep blaming Disney, but so far I have yet to notice them taking any different direction than the previous beancounters. I mean this may be the latest example, but Wolverine has been everywhere doing everything for about a decade now. And Spider-man is on every team he's not, and about half that he is. And the books contort to whatever movie is making the most money the previous summer, that's been happening since Blade.

I am not saying Disney isn't applying pressure, or anything of that nature. I am saying they don't seem to be doing anything different than the previous owners.

Don't forget that Wolverine rallied the Avengers together to defeat Loki.

The spider that bit Peter Parker was part of the Weapon X program trying to replicate Wolverine's amazing abilities in arachnid form.

Who was it Matt Murdock saved before being covered in the radioactive substance that blinded him? Wolverine.

And during the Secret Wars, beneath one hundred and fifty billion tons, stands The Hulk -- and he really apreciate's Wolverine's help holding up this mountain.

Shhh, don't give them ideas! :P

Every time i try to come up with something amusing like "Wolverine broke off his claws, melted them with gold, and made the Infinity Gauntlet," i stop myself because i just can't. This is just so ridiculously idiotic in every way. And you know Marvel just KNEW how everyone WOULD react, because they just had to state that it was going to be absolute canon before it even came out.

Someone let me know when Marvel stops shitting on Scott and the real X-men.

I thought Quesada had pretty much shifted to movies and TV now? Axel Alonso's editor in chief I think.

I've never known Marvel to be across the board great or awful -- I mean this crap won't suddenly make Daredevil, FF or Wolverine And The X-Men any less awesome, but YMMV.

Don't forget that Wolverine rallied the Avengers together to defeat Loki.

The spider that bit Peter Parker was part of the Weapon X program trying to replicate Wolverine's amazing abilities in arachnid form.

Who was it Matt Murdock saved before being covered in the radioactive substance that blinded him? Wolverine.

And during the Secret Wars, beneath one hundred and fifty billion tons, stands The Hulk -- and he really apreciate's Wolverine's help holding up this mountain.

Shhh, don't give them ideas! :P

You mean like this?

Kang: Wolverine, I am your father.

Wolverine: Yeah Bub, I knew that since way back when. I just didn't mention it and make a bigger mess of the timeline.

You mean like this?

Kang: Wolverine, I am your father.

Wolverine: Yeah Bub, I knew that since way back when. I just didn't mention it and make a bigger mess of the timeline.

Actually it's be more...

Kang: Wolverine, you are my father?!?!?

Wolverine: Yeah, about that; sorry, bub. That whole accelerated healing, slowed aging thing. Not only have I been around forever, looks like I'll be around forever. Sides, future me told me yur mom's a smokin hot red haired asian babe, so really whaddid you expect?

Wolverine gets into Starks tech builds a suit of armour, travels into future, gets involved in a civil war, conquers earth, starts calling himself Kang, spends ages traveling around time getting in fights, gets stopped by every hero throughout time, goes back in time to before there was anything existed, kills himself and creates the whole marvel universe....

:)

I thought Quesada had pretty much shifted to movies and TV now? Axel Alonso's editor in chief I think.

I've never known Marvel to be across the board great or awful -- I mean this crap won't suddenly make Daredevil, FF or Wolverine And The X-Men any less awesome, but YMMV.

He's still the publisher though, isn't he? I reserve the right to blame him as long as he's working for Marvel. Didio too. It's amazing to me that these guys have driven mainstream comics into the ground in the last decade and been promoted.