UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

God of War Ascension

Kostisfire

Since we don't have a thread about the new GoW game and we now learned that the next entry in the series is going to have multiplayer,i thought about starting a new thread.Here are some pics from the multi part:

god-of-war-ascension-20120429110321555.jpggod-of-war-ascension-20120429110326322.jpg

Here's the interview:

And now the ultimate question: Zach,when asked about the sony line you said that it was over but Chuck hinted in a future team up with sony.So we could see some new sony mates in lets say 2014 or

2015 right? Probably not but everytime someone asks about sony you hint at something else:

Arthur Ayon

I recently got the Sony minimates and thought how cool they were. This bring me to my question will their ever be assassin creed minimates or ninja gaiden minimates the thought of having those in my collection would be epic to say the least.

DSTChuck:I think we're done with the Sony line-but never say never!

Is this wishull thinking or something else?I know i've asked this a couple of times but i can't help it.It's the last time i ask,i promise :sweat:

Edited by Kostisfire

Playstation All-Stars would be a good title for Sony Minimates to be based around (since it has Kratos and PaRappa.... we need a new PaRappa game, get on that Sony)

But on topic: So is there any concrete information about Ascension yet? I saw the trailer (seems like a good idea to take Kratos back to basics, take away the Golden Fleece and Wings of Icarus) but is there any real information yet?

So there’s multiplayer, that’s... fun? I guess...

Is there a release date? Any news on if a celebrity will reprise their famous greek hero role for a cameo boss fight in this game? Is this a straight forward retelling of Kratos’ origins (fight with Barbarian King, rampage through Greece, burns down Athena’s temple she’s trapped his family in) or is it some BS Kratos is given a chance to change his past and this is that tale?

Chuck says "never say never" to a lot of things he thinks is done, FYI. It's been a thing for years, if a license looks like it's dead, and Chuck says "never say never," it's most likely dead.

The outlier would be Star Trek, which is somehow getting us the Enterprise. Though i would not say that's the new rule at all.

Chuck says "never say never" to a lot of things he thinks is done, FYI. It's been a thing for years, if a license looks like it's dead, and Chuck says "never say never," it's most likely dead.

The outlier would be Star Trek, which is somehow getting us the Enterprise. Though i would not say that's the new rule at all.

I know the line is dead but maybe just maybe they make another deal. Not now,maybe in 1,2 or 3 years. Who knows?

Playstation All-Stars would be a good title for Sony Minimates to be based around (since it has Kratos and PaRappa.... we need a new PaRappa game, get on that Sony)

But on topic: So is there any concrete information about Ascension yet? I saw the trailer (seems like a good idea to take Kratos back to basics, take away the Golden Fleece and Wings of Icarus) but is there any real information yet?

So there’s multiplayer, that’s... fun? I guess...

Is there a release date? Any news on if a celebrity will reprise their famous greek hero role for a cameo boss fight in this game? Is this a straight forward retelling of Kratos’ origins (fight with Barbarian King, rampage through Greece, burns down Athena’s temple she’s trapped his family in) or is it some BS Kratos is given a chance to change his past and this is that tale?

Right now no information have been released about the campaign but they will release information in may I think. There's also e3!!!!! I hope for more vita games!!!

I swear if the single player suffers from trying to implement freakin multiplayer I will be pissed. God of War was one of those franchises like Elder Scrolls that has amazing single-player campaign and devotes everything to that. If this story doesn't give us that... Well there goes a great single-player franchise. I don't bother with multiplayer (Because I generally hate gamers when they aren't in the room with me) and I won't bother with it here. I just want to kill another God/hero and smile at their carnage.

Theories though... Well Apollo and Aretmis haven't appeared. This could be their death. My other theory is that it's a Trojan War story and he winds up against the Greeks who Ares favored (If I remember right) and in killing people like Odysseus and Agamemnon and Achilles (Because screw mythology. It barely matters anymore) he pisses off Ares enough to cause Ares to turn on him.

The second one is my favorite theory of them all.

I swear if the single player suffers from trying to implement freakin multiplayer I will be pissed. God of War was one of those franchises like Elder Scrolls that has amazing single-player campaign and devotes everything to that. If this story doesn't give us that... Well there goes a great single-player franchise. I don't bother with multiplayer (Because I generally hate gamers when they aren't in the room with me) and I won't bother with it here. I just want to kill another God/hero and smile at their carnage.

Theories though... Well Apollo and Aretmis haven't appeared. This could be their death. My other theory is that it's a Trojan War story and he winds up against the Greeks who Ares favored (If I remember right) and in killing people like Odysseus and Agamemnon and Achilles (Because screw mythology. It barely matters anymore) he pisses off Ares enough to cause Ares to turn on him.

The second one is my favorite theory of them all.

Kratos is a spartan,therefore a Greek. Area sided with the Trojans because aphrodite persuaded him to. Kratos fights with the Greeks against the Trojans. Ares gives him his powers because kratos was losing against the barbarian king so he gave him his life in exchange for his life. Only time will tell. But the trojan war is a very nice idea.

Single player details have emerged. Go to ign go the whole story but here's a summary: it's set 6 years after murdering his familly,he is mad and he wants to break his bond with ares. The campaign will be a little bit shorter than the precious games but the first 20 minutes will leave you speechless. It's also set to be released in 2013.

FOOTAGE!!!GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!!!

Kratos. Isn't he the dude from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie that got killed by Johnny Depp?

Good ol' Johny has killed many,many people.Becket,Norrigton,Davy Jones,Hardas,Barbossa,the Kraken and many other creatures and pirates.

Edited by Kostisfire

Okay... that's an odd plot summary. Any word on Greek heroes that Kratos is gonna kill?

I still think he should fight Odysseus... Smartest hero versus the most brutal game character in a long time (Wanna argue that? Look up him finishing off Poseidon.)

Okay... that's an odd plot summary. Any word on Greek heroes that Kratos is gonna kill?

I still think he should fight Odysseus... Smartest hero versus the most brutal game character in a long time (Wanna argue that? Look up him finishing off Poseidon.)

I found it kinda simillar to the first god of war but that was the only thing i could find about ascension's campaign.