UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hey! A new Gambit solo series.

Lobsterman

Marvel's teasing a Gambit series (no details on whether it's a monthly or a mini). Guess he's getting pissed that some other Frenchie dude in a trenchcoat is stepping to him.

Could they just have Fantomex and Gambit fight to the death in some kind of impossible-acrobatics/lady-seducing/witty-reparté/anti-hero showdown? Because seriously, do we need two? B)

The extent of my knowledge of Fantomex is what I read on the back of the Minimate box. So no, two are not needed. In fact, I never liked Gambit either. Cheesy '90s Louisiana stereotype. Kill both of them off, I say.

Really? My experience has been that he's a fairly accurate depiction of Louisianian culture. ;)

What am I thinking. You're right, mon ami! Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Also surprisingly accurate and representative was this Simpsons character from Texas:

rich-texan-the-simpsons.jpg

The extent of my knowledge of Fantomex is what I read on the back of the Minimate box. So no, two are not needed. In fact, I never liked Gambit either. Cheesy '90s Louisiana stereotype. Kill both of them off, I say.

You should read some Fantomex before signing his death warrant! :lol: I'm sure his bio reads silly, but he's great in Grant Morrison's X-Men run and the X-Force stuff now. Gambit does suck though...

It's been a while since I've read Morrison's X-Men, but I don't remember Fantomex being that great. Mostly just confusing. He's part space ship? Or something?

I'm with Gambit all the way if it has to be one or the other. Could he use more development? Oui, but he was part of the 90s X-Men cartoon team, so I'll always have a soft spot for him.