UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Vampires, werewolves and zombies..oh my

Freaqualizer

No, i'm not talking about the latest teen sensation..i refer to the Anita Blake marvel license.

I have read most of the books in the series, at my fiancée's recommendation, and was very excited to see these characters put into a comic book. I don't know if marvel is still putting these out, but i know i picked up most of the collections they released. I think these characters would work nicely in minimate form. At least if not to see new characters made, then at least for some of the accessories they could come with.

For those not familiar, Anita Blake is a vampire hunter and she runs across all manner of preternatural creatures. Werewolves would make for some nice Wetworks customs. Could even probably get some pretty good parts to make a nice pale skinned snarling Morbius. Hell, might also be nice to get some vampire fodder for Blade.

Eh, at least it would be cool to see some more badass female characters made. But, lemme know your thoughts.

I just don't see DST paying licensing fees for a relatively obscure property like this and I'm pretty certain Anita Blake isn't included in their current agreement. Marvel's licensing it for comics, not toys. DST would have to acquire those rights separately.

Diamond was moments away from launching their own line of zombies when The Walking Dead hit big. That brand will help push zombie toys into the marketplace and if DST drops that license, they can finish what they started with their in-house brand. (Same with Universal Monsters.) I know Anita's zombies are significantly different than others (some look normal at first glance) but I don't know if the subtle differences would be appreciated by most collectors.

Maybe if it becomes a hugely successful film franchise or TV series, DST and retailers will be receptive.

• 2 weeks later...

Kindof Sortof Almost On-Topic...

I was watching The Marvel Super Hero Squad show today... as I do every day at 3... and the episode was about Iron Man finding himself stranded without Armor Power in the Marvel Horror Universe... The Episode featured Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing and Dracula, among others...

I'm not normally that nuts on these characters, but seeing them all cute and cartoony like that today warmed me up to potentially seeing them as minimates. I think they'd work well as a 4-Pack... just like Marvel Legends did.

• 2 weeks later...