UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NHL? Anyone a fan?

Urban Saboteur

I thought I'd ask this, because I wondered if there were US & Canadian members on the forum, if any of you watch the NHL or go to games?

If so here's some questions to get us going.

Who do you support and how long have you supported them?

Who is your favourite player at the moment?

Who is your favourite all time player?

Did you watch the NHL Allstar Game recently and did you enjoy it?

I'll be back at some point to check on the thread, post my answers and hopefully this wont bomb with no replies, i'm hoping someone here likes Ice Hockey like I do.

In friendship

Rich

15 Views and no responses! :confused:

Oh well, Just me?

I'll answer my own questions, maybe in the hope someone here is a fan and will respond. If not the thread will bomb drastically and anyone stumbling across it in future will have their doubts confirmed I am Mad and talk to myself on public forums :lol:

Who do you support and how long have you supported them?

Colorado Avalanche, supported them since about 2001. I saw them play on Channel 5 one night against the Calgary Flames and they were great, everything that I wanted to see in a Hockey Team I saw it in the Colorado Avalanche.

Who is your favourite player at the moment?

Evgeni Malkin (Current Center of the Pittsburgh Penguins)

Who is your favourite all time player?

Joe Sakic (former Colorado Avalanche Center)

Did you watch the NHL Allstar Game recently and did you enjoy it?

Absolutely! It was a scoring fest, lots of tricks and goals, i must admit i was quite surprised at just how Good John Tavares (NY Islanders) is. That guy has some serious Hand/Eye Co-ordination and creativity and considering he's only 21 the future looks very good for him.

Not the biggest hockey fan, but I do support the home team (the Ottawa Senators). I'll say Danny Alfredsson as my favorite player cause he's been a staple for the Sens for a long time and I'd like to see him make another run at the cup before he eventually retires from the game. Can't say I have an all-time favorite player, as there have been so many great stars to choose from (most of them fellow Canadians :biggrin:). As for the All-Star game, it took place here in Ottawa and did it ever bring a lot of buzz to this town. All-Star games in general are never a big 'WOW" show, but the fact that Ottawa hosted it made this town quite excited. My nephew and some friends got to attend the skills competition and they had fun watching that. The promotions company I work for even got to make the Jerseys worn by the 4 Sens playing that night. BTW, we do all the Sens merchandise that can be purchased at the Sens store and all the personalized jerseys the team wears.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Been a Hockey fan and Pittsburgh Penguins fan for about 20 years.

Favorite current player - Malkin (I'd say Crosby, but Malkin has really stepped up!)

Favorite all time - It's a tie: Mario Lemieux and Tom Barrasso

This years all-star game....Meh at best.

Thanks for your replies guys,

Sticking your neck out, with about 20 or so games to go:

Which teams do you think will win each Division?

Which teams do you think will make the playoffs?

You don't neccessarily need to post up which position they'll finish, me being an Avalanche fan we're currently tied on points with Calgary Flames, and whilst I didn't anticipate us being in this position a playoff spot is still possible. We're a far cry from what we used to be, and i'd really like us to get back to that competitive level where we can roll with the bigger sides but we need to get rid of the average mid 20s players that have filled our roster, there was an article before Christmas on NHL about 7 coaches who could get the chop, one of them was Joe Sacco.

I can understand that, cos there needs to be continuous improvement seen Season after season, and i think most pundits, fans and analysts were hoping for a playoff spot this year.

Favorite current player - Malkin (I'd say Crosby, but Malkin has really stepped up!)

Favorite all time - It's a tie: Mario Lemieux and Tom Barrasso

I know right? Someone said to me they preferred Stamkos over Malkin, :lol: I think Stamkos is a great player, but having looked at Last nights game I'm quite happy in my Choice to pick Malkin over Stamkos.

Currently Malkin has more points than Stamkos and he's done it in fewer games, the fact that he has more assists suggests he's a better setup man and team player, Stamkos is still young so maybe its something he'll improve on as the season go by, I screwed up badly in my NHL fantasy draft this year, picked really well in almost every position but my Centers suck! :biggrin:

<< Hoping to acquire Malkin in Fantasy Draft next year.

Rich