UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help with DC minimates/customs/too many questions didnt know where to post

fatcow

Hey guys this is my first post here. I've been a fan of minimates since I was in my late teens but never got around to buying any because I was moving around a lot and had different things going on. I am 20 now and bit the minimate bullet. I have 9 dc minimates including the flash, green arrow and wonderwoman. 4 on the way in the mail with c3 mini-flyers and a TRU MAX Elite Jet with a pilot. Fast start I think, DC minimates were a tad expensive but so worth it. Now I have a few questions and I know you guys can help. Sorry for being annoying with the huge post but you could say I'm FREAKIN EXCITED.

1. I ordered a custom minimate off ebay for 35 including shipping. Are there any customizers who have pieces from their collection for sale for less than 40 (usd) or do commissions for less that that. I have asked a few people for quotes and they are 50+ and I understand that, I just can't afford it, but totally respect what they are charging.

2. c3 batcave is on ebay for close to a hundred, has anyone designed an avengers mansion, hall of justice or batcave themselves using lego or otherwise? :)

3. I am an able artist on paper but the minimate medium is new to me. I know minimate factory has a lot of guides and they explain stuff well. I am wondering where to get cheap minimates (crappymates) to scavenge for parts etc.

4. Anyone have any recipes for a Damian Wayne Robin and a Red Hood ( Jason Todd ).

5. MINIMATES ARE AWESOME. Everyone posting here blows my mind with their collections. I've been unable to find out if there are any new lines being done for 2012? Anyone able to clear this up for me?

Thanks again and I apologize for the manic post.

O_o I think I've been charging too little for commissions in the past...

EDITL Guess I'll be helpful

1. See above.

2. Theres actually a thread about rebuilding the Batcave going on in the DC section - http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10400

3. check your local comic stores, sometimes they'll be discounted, also Toys R Us puts some on clearance sometimes. And of course there's also http://www.lukestoystore.com, Ebay, and the Flea Market board on this site.

4. I would mostly use a DC Direct Robin with new hair and short feet for Damien Wayne, repainted of course. And for Red Hood there are a number of jackets and masks that could be used. Have you seen the Database? - http://www.minimatedatabase.com/default.php

Edited by Shamrock

Thank you guys! So far for my red hood custom, I've figured most of it out except the face/mask, thinking of using deadpools head and just painting over the black around the eyes...anyway, thank you guys again! Best forum ever.

Hey,

Welcome to the Minimate Multiverse, this place is incredibly fun and everyone i've spoken to on here so far is really helpful. :biggrin:

I can try and help with some of your questions.

Regarding Lego and Minimates merging to make scenes, I am undertaking a project very similar to this right now Shamrock has passed you the link, it might be a little time after new year but i also plan on doing Xaviers Mansion, Baxter Building, Tony Starks Enterprises Office including Suit room. Alot of these ideas are in my head but i've been using a free application you can get online direct from Lego themselves called Lego Digital Designer: Ldd/Lego

As always just be mindful about Cpu speeds and system requirements before downloading it, using the program and having other programs open drasticaly reduces the O/S speed. If you do manage to get the free software it is really alot of fun, the advantage to it is that you can build digitally and try ideas out before buying any bricks, as well as not having hundreds of bricks scattered on your floor, lets face it when the door bell goes nothing hurts quite as much as standing bare foot on a 2x4! :lol:

If you get to the stage where you want to buy the model, be warned it can soon get quite pricey, it's sometimes a good idea to order lots from Bricklink it's an online marketplace like ebay but strictly for Lego Parts ordering and can sometimes workout easier than ordering from Lego directly.

*Phew*

As for buying cheap Minimates to scavenge on, try individual sales links in the marketplace by someone looking to get out of the hobby or ebay, i've seen some small lots on ebay for 5-10 figures and i recently picked up Cyclops, Magneto, Sabretooth and Wolverine in a small bundle for £3.99 :)

As for future Minimates I saw a thread/section off from the main index called Minimates of Licenses Future where people discuss what they would like to see, I am not sure if the manufacturers patrol the thread or forum to get sense of what fans want but this seems close to what you're asking, aside from that keep an eye out on the news section for official released news from the manufacturer. :)

Hope all that helps, and i hope you have fun with your collection, I just got myself back into Minimates after regrettably selling what i had a year and half ago. I'm so pleased to have them again. :biggrin:

In friendship

Rich

Are you sick of that question yet, Zach? :P

No! It's surprisingly easy to ignore!

I'm sick of not knowing what lines will be announced. Tell us. Just tell us, man! It's driving me bonkers.

I can see how not knowing whether your favorite character will make it into the next wave of Marvel Mates might drive you crazy, but not knowing which completely unknown licenses will someday be made into Minimates? I guess if there was a license you REALLY wanted, and you hoped it might be included, I get that. You could always lob a license at me and I could think about ruling it out, but why not sit back and relax, resting easy in the fact that Minimates aren't going anywhere, and new frontiers await you?

Haha. And this is how we operate. I thought you'd mentioned in a couple of threads now, Zach, that we'll be seeing some cool stuff and new licenses next year. You've just done a great job building anticipation. The part of me that loves to be disappointed secretly hopes DC Minimates will be back in the mix (Maybe new frontier is a sneaky DC reference? Eh?). Otherwise, just about anything announced will be delicious gravy, and I love me some gravy.