UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Snow White and the Huntsman

gambitron

So recently my wife and I had a discussion (not for the first time) about all the movies that are the same that come out at the same time (i.e. Armageddon-Deep Impact, Bugs Life-Antz, Dante's Peak-Volcano etc etc etc) this was brought on by the fact that there are two new Snow White movies coming out, one with Julia Roberts as the wicked Queen and pictures from that one frankly look stupid, and then Snow White and the Huntsman. First I see Charlize Theron as the wicked Queen and Chris Hemsworth as the Huntsman and I think that is great, then I see Kristen Stewart as Snow White and I thought well that just ruins a good thing.

Well today I watched the trailer for this movie and wow it looks like it is going to be amazing! I do realize there isn't much actual Snow White in the trailer so Kristen Stewart could still suck it up big time but the trailer made me really excited for this.

It will be interesting to see what the other one will be like.

Anybody else see the trailer and get excited for this movie?

Sidenote-I have been watching the Once Upon a Time show on ABC and it is intriguing so far. It is a really cool spin on fairy tales.

Edited by gambitron

I was a big fan of Snow White and the Black Forrest when it came about about a decade (or more?) ago. It was a pretty low budget affair, but featured Sam Neil as Snow Whites father & Sigourney Weaver as the 'Wicked Queen'.

It was a bit dark, but made for a pretty good B movie.

If this new one carries on that tradition of darker retelling, i'm in!

ABC seems utterly incapable of purchasing licenses. "Well, people love the Fantastic Four. So lets do a show about them. But not them. Also, Fables is one of the highest grossing comic books of all time. So lets do that. But adults don't like comic books, so lets just make it the same, but our own."

¢.02