UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

english fans?

zuber dude

Hey every one. I was in Forbidden Planet in Covent Garden in London and I was looking at all the other people in the shop looking at the other figures and books and I was wandering if there were any English fans of Minimates? I was also thinking about this while i was at a sort of mini convention in London and I could not find any Minimates anywhere. I know this seems like a strange question but i was wandering and this question has been bugging me for a while. Thanks for you time.

:thumbsup:

I'm English...If you count Liverpool :)

Minimates can be a bit scarce on the ground at times in the UK . Some FP stores seem to get better supplied than others but even it can be hit and miss. (Something about toy safety standards)

There was a Minimeetup a good few years ago http://www.minimatescentral.com/UKMeetup.htm Which I think was way back in 2006/2007

Some of the boards most recognised posters are from the tea and crumpets side of the pond but we have to work hard to counter the doughnut and fries influences that waft our way. :lol::whistling::lol:

I actually have a cup of tea and a crumpet on my desk right now.

And christ, looking at those pictures I have aged badly.

heh, looking at those picture I had already aged badly and it's only gotten worse ;)

Ah the English and their tea drinking, I'd forgotten how bad it was until my sister and her family came to visit last year, they devoured the stuff like a hoard of thirsty locusts.

T.

I'm drinking tea, playing cricket and riding a dragon as I type!

One of the last few times I was in the big London FP, the guy queuing in front of me was buying the X-Force 4-pack. I thought about saying something, but quite feel up to tapping the shoulder of a guy in his thirties or forties and beaming "HEY! We like the same toys!"

... i should've

Edited by bobafett

I dare say old chap, though my screen name and place of birth is Canada I currently reside in the old United Kingdom. Rather and all that.

awsome! :lol: the FP in covent garden has only a select few of the HALO, BBTF and marvel minimates which i guess is okay until you have all of them :thumbsup:

One of the last few times I was in the big London FP, the guy queuing in front of me was buying the X-Force 4-pack. I thought about saying something, but quite feel up to tapping the shoulder of a guy in his thirties or forties and beaming "HEY! We like the same toys!"

... i should've

If this was about 2 months ago it might have been me!

It's nice to see so many English members.

Alothough I was born in England I've lived in wales for most of my life and here we only have one shop to get minimates from which is the forbidden planet in cardiff, which keeps quite up to date stocks whenever I pop in.

Out of interest, is there any welsh or wales living members besides myself?

awsome! :lol: the FP in covent garden has only a select few of the HALO, BBTF and marvel minimates which i guess is okay until you have all of them :thumbsup:

... i should've

It was about 2 months ago, yes... I seem to remember this person buying a couple of Marvel 3 3/4" figs as well, average height... with glasses?

... i should've

It was about 2 months ago, yes... I seem to remember this person buying a couple of Marvel 3 3/4" figs as well, average height... with glasses?

no that was not me :angry: i dont wear glasses. It would have been nice though if it was

I'm in England too & the closest place to me that stocks minimates is ace comics in Richmond, but like BHM it's quicker and cheaper to import......... or butter up overseas board members ;)

...Then put them on crumpets! :lol::teehee:

I'm in England too & the closest place to me that stocks minimates is ace comics in Richmond, but like BHM it's quicker and cheaper to import......... or butter up overseas board members ;)

...Then put them on crumpets! :lol::teehee:

with a nice cup of tea......